General Introductions: So, Why Are YOU Single?

Let's get personal...

* Still searching for your soul mate?

* Have you lost in love and still tending your wounds?

* Busy life and career, no time to date?

* Broke and lonely too?

* Afraid to get too close?

* Can't find an atheist mate?

* Too shy and introverted?

* Hate the bar scene, but don't know where to meet up with someone?

* 'Been there, done that',  just what a friend/companion?

* Enjoy 'playing the field' and don't want to settle down?

* I'm too stupid, ugly, and insensitive, so nobody likes me?

* Too picky?

* Don't know why I'm still single, I'm a great catch....

* Other....

It's time to introduce yourself. There is nothing wrong with being single, some of my best friends are, and are happily single at that. Just tell your story, we've all got one... Plus, you never know who you might meet right here on T/A for friendship or more?

Views: 2941

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not going to date a girl with standards low enough to consider dating me.
That's pretty low.
Groucho once said; "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." Guess that makes me a Marxist.

Thanks for the initiation Sydni ,

I would say that i am just afraid of letting girls in ;  my last serious relationship was great ! after that I only had some other dates which I didn't take seriously , just to have fun and get laid : the best thing about those girls is that we agreed from the beginning to have fun and not get serious .

I don't know what's wrong with me ? maybe I don't trust girls anymore or maybe I am just afraid of long relaionships!!! I don't know ?

Maybe I couldn't move on after my last serious relationship !! oh, I didn't mention what happened there ?? She had a car accident and died !! u c !!!!!

Enjoy 'playing the field' and don't want to settle down.

Life is sooooo short to just be with someone for the rest of your life. I have found if you change yourself for someone in ways you know you really would not normally do, it is time to get out.

ALSO! Never change who you are for someone else just for their looks! It is really tacky! I get guys like that all the time.

Oh, atheist only guys.

Well the people who do fall in love and spend the rest of their lives together are most assuredly not acting out a role just because they want to date someone. They are the ones who give all of themselves to their lover. It's only the ones who wish to hit and run that use things like deception to get into a persons life and when they are done they will always leave without a single thought as to the persons well being or feelings.
I just have to understand who I am...
Quality control

...and I have atheist cooties.

I also tend to simplify the complexities and complicate the simplicities of interpersonal relationships.

I'm single because of a multitude of reasons, I was recently in a relationship with a girl, it was a little longer than two years, but we lived together for almost a full two years, the first week I went to college she left me for someone else, I'm still not sure why, I did everything I could for her, I guess we were just too different, but it took me awhile to recover from that, and now it is hard for me to trust someone in that way again, it happens I guess.

I recently got out of a long, miserable engagement. Infidelity and dishonesty was the hallmark of the downs. When it was good, it was good, but obviously you're either happy or you're not. I still love the guy, but he doesn't feel the same. So here I am, single again with a daughter.

I have Asperger's syndrome so I am very awkward. I didn't always get his jokes and I sometimes made facial expressions that made him assume I was angry or upset when I was far from it. I was curious, outwardly, and very blunt. I didn't lie or sugar coat things. I have difficulty with 'personal space'. Although I have certain pet peeves, I don't really believe in things like spouses not being able to look over a person's shoulder on the computer and make a comment, or that people need hidden files and folders on their computer to hide them from spouses. I believe in openness, honesty, and negotiation, and he didn't. Simple as that. He couldn't live with the Asperger's or me.

I couldn't agree more. I will share all I have with my lovers no matter what. I used to tell my ex every time I caught her peeking at my phone to see who I was txting. If you want to see it just ask and I will show you. I hide nothing because I am not embarassed or guilty about anything that I like,look at,believe in,talk to,am into. Especially not a another human that has agreed to share her life with me. But that's not usually the case for the woman I date. They inevitably hide things from me and I fall for it everytime.  I WANT to share all I have and every aspect of my life with someone who feels the same about me. But that is the problem....how to find a genuine person to do that with. It is so very rare and its hard to spend a life looking only to be disapointed at every turn. I wish you the best  :)

I currently have a f-w-b type situation.

She's in the Navy and am not up to the emotional drama she tends to bring.

She's fun sexually and to grab pizza with...talking with her is great sometimes.

I'm not actually looking for a relationship at the moment though; also, women my age tend to claim all sorts of weird things that typically result in a break-up with me; for example, my last girlfriend went from heterosexual to lesbian to bisexual to heterosexual to pansexual.. I don't know if I had a part in that or what the deal was. Also, everyone swears to be bisexual in my dorm.

And most older women I encounter lie..LOTS about BIG things. The last older woman I was actually in a relationship was married! :( She was so convincing, or I was so stupid.

RSS

Discussion Forum

enjoy lots of girls or love one girl?

Started by Hassan Ghanem. Last reply by Lewal Feb 17. 7 Replies

General Introductions: So, Why Are YOU Single?

Started by Sydni Moser. Last reply by Isabel Garcia Nov 29, 2013. 182 Replies

Question, especially for guys!

Started by Sydni Moser. Last reply by Tom Sarbeck Nov 27, 2013. 107 Replies

Dating Christians and Other Religious People

Started by Ashley Johnson. Last reply by James Johnson Nov 11, 2013. 33 Replies

How to Meet, Date, and Woo Atheist Women

Started by Sydni Moser. Last reply by Lydia Hickman Mar 24, 2013. 11 Replies

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 4 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service