General Introductions: So, Why Are YOU Single?

Let's get personal...

* Still searching for your soul mate?

* Have you lost in love and still tending your wounds?

* Busy life and career, no time to date?

* Broke and lonely too?

* Afraid to get too close?

* Can't find an atheist mate?

* Too shy and introverted?

* Hate the bar scene, but don't know where to meet up with someone?

* 'Been there, done that',  just what a friend/companion?

* Enjoy 'playing the field' and don't want to settle down?

* I'm too stupid, ugly, and insensitive, so nobody likes me?

* Too picky?

* Don't know why I'm still single, I'm a great catch....

* Other....

It's time to introduce yourself. There is nothing wrong with being single, some of my best friends are, and are happily single at that. Just tell your story, we've all got one... Plus, you never know who you might meet right here on T/A for friendship or more?

Views: 2937

Replies to This Discussion

1.) I'm only interested in Atheist women

2.) Not seeking anything serious right now just a buddy/companion

3.) I'm VERY picky
NO RELIGION, what qualities are you looking for in a mate that makes you so picky? Just curious...
Just a question... what do you think if I started a thread about what we find attractive (both physically and in terms of personality)? Essentially a thread for those who answered "I'm picky" to say why. Could it get too heated or would it be interesting?
Nathan,
Just write up a new discussion... I think it's a great idea. It won't get heated, it will be interesting. Really. Do it!
Men are responding to this discussion, but where are the ladies??? I'll have to check and see how many women in fact joined this group. In general there are so many more Atheist men than Atheist women, which does pose a significant problem...
Why am I single? Good question. I can definitely relate to many of the reasons stated above: lost in love and still tending my wounds, afraid to get too close, can't find an atheist mate, shy and introverted, picky, so on and so forth. I think perhaps the biggest reason is that I just don't care. I realize I could become The Crazy Cat Lady, but that's OK. It's better than being stuck in a relationship that makes me miserable.
Well, I'd have to say that I'm single by choice and casualty alike. I'm not much into the dating thing anymore, a lot of drama, and I feel like nothing will work out and will just end in ruins anyhow, so why not just have fun, go on dates, and leave it at that. At least that way you have nothing but good times, and small losses that don't mean much anyway. As for the contingency of my solo path, I just haven't created any bonds with anyone that cause me to think of nothing else. There is always a good time to be had elsewhere thus far. Perhaps that will change... Perhaps it won't.
I am way too stubborn and impulsive, I haven't found someone who would find it worthwhile to try and reign me in a bit (which I definitely need).

Also I am picky.
I'm curious what you mean by impulsive.
I am very spontaneous to the point that I don't often think about the consequences of my decisions.
Picky, how so? Vegetarianism is important?
I suppose it's time for me to think and comment about why I'm single....

I lost my husband nearly 5 years ago from Hep C... I spent years being a caretaker to my aging parents, then my husband, all the while raising a young child. After a decade of caring for the needs of others, I suffered some serious health issues that I struggled to take care of. Then went through a disabling depression which I am extremely relieved and happy to say has passed. I've remarkably returned (for good and bad ) to my former self.

Dating had not been a thought in my mind until about 6 months ago, when I finally felt the desire to meet someone to again share my life with. At the same time, I also decided that I was going to move far away from my childhood home. My lease is up this August, and off I go to begin life anew.... There is no point in looking for Mr. Right where I'm living now, so my search will have be on hold for a while longer. It's great to feel like I want to move on and eventually have a friend and companion in my life again. It's back on my to-do list...

RSS

Discussion Forum

enjoy lots of girls or love one girl?

Started by Hassan Ghanem. Last reply by Lewal Feb 17. 7 Replies

General Introductions: So, Why Are YOU Single?

Started by Sydni Moser. Last reply by Isabel Garcia Nov 29, 2013. 182 Replies

Question, especially for guys!

Started by Sydni Moser. Last reply by Tom Sarbeck Nov 27, 2013. 107 Replies

Dating Christians and Other Religious People

Started by Ashley Johnson. Last reply by James Johnson Nov 11, 2013. 33 Replies

How to Meet, Date, and Woo Atheist Women

Started by Sydni Moser. Last reply by Lydia Hickman Mar 24, 2013. 11 Replies

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 15 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service