General Introductions: So, Why Are YOU Single?

Let's get personal...

* Still searching for your soul mate?

* Have you lost in love and still tending your wounds?

* Busy life and career, no time to date?

* Broke and lonely too?

* Afraid to get too close?

* Can't find an atheist mate?

* Too shy and introverted?

* Hate the bar scene, but don't know where to meet up with someone?

* 'Been there, done that',  just what a friend/companion?

* Enjoy 'playing the field' and don't want to settle down?

* I'm too stupid, ugly, and insensitive, so nobody likes me?

* Too picky?

* Don't know why I'm still single, I'm a great catch....

* Other....

It's time to introduce yourself. There is nothing wrong with being single, some of my best friends are, and are happily single at that. Just tell your story, we've all got one... Plus, you never know who you might meet right here on T/A for friendship or more?

Views: 2998

Replies to This Discussion

I get only what I can get. The type of women I want are too smart to go for the blue collar bad boy type(that's me). I think it's because they underestimate my intelligence and miss judge my preferences of leisurely pursuits. I guess I could get the girls I liked if I dressed more like a hipster and less like a biker.

Being in the bible belt doesn't help any :P

So, like a previous poster did, I will respond to this point-by-point:

* Still searching for your soul mate? - I don't know if a soul mate exists for me, but I like the idea.

* Have you lost in love and still tending your wounds? - Hmm. To say that I've "lost at love" somehow implies that this is a competition and that those with soul mates WIN. I have had an up-and-down love life up to this point, but I would not say I am wounded. I don't walk around town crying out to the heavens "WHY?" :-)

* Busy life and career, no time to date? - I have as much time as I care to spend if the person is right. If no one is present that piques my interest, I use that time for my kitten pot-pie recipe, since as an atheist, I am supposed to eat cute, wihdow kittehs for supper, at least, according to some theists.

* Broke and lonely too? - Not broke, but definitely have my moments with loneliness.

* Afraid to get too close? - Definitely not.

* Can't find an atheist mate? - I have dated two atheists, and neither of them were the right situation for me. Chemistry is not dictated by my lack of theism.

* Too shy and introverted? - I'm not the Alpha male in the room, but I'm far from a wallflower.

* Hate the bar scene, but don't know where to meet up with someone? - The bar scene sucks because I don't like to meet drunk women. Nor do I wish to fight drunk men FOR these drunk women. As for meeting people, that's no trick. The trick is finding someone who will accept me for who I am and vice versa.

* 'Been there, done that',  just what a friend/companion? - I'm thinking the "what" should have been a "WANT." But again, no. I have too many platonic female friends. I want a lover, not another surrogate sister.

* Enjoy 'playing the field' and don't want to settle down? - Nope. I'm not interested in dating endlessly. I'd like to have someone to come home to, someone to focus on, someone to love, and all that mushy crap.

* I'm too stupid, ugly, and insensitive, so nobody likes me? - I can't lie and say I don't have lesser moments, but I know in my heart that I'm a decent, honest, patient, and caring guy.

* Too picky? - Nope. Chemistry strikes when you least expect it.

* Don't know why I'm still single, I'm a great catch.... - Eh, I'm not that blind. While I feel I am a great guy, I don't walk around advertising that. (Hey, baby. Didja know I'm a great guy? <wink wink>)

I have been contemplating how to word this in such a way that sounds pleasant and whatnot, but I find that really, it's easiest to just come out and say it:

Most people don't look at me and expect me to be anything like I am. Crazier than most, a little bit more broken than average.  If I really had to describe it, I would say I'm a bit more mental than people expect.

It also does not help that I am... I would not call it shy, per say, but reclusive. I prefer to spend my time at home, reading, playing video games, on the internet, to out, doing whatever it is people with social lives do, and at 18 and in college, this pretty much sticks me in the "Not gonna happen" zone.

Basically, I dare to be different, and that is why I find myself single still.

I'm with sophia life is too short to be with the same person forever I realised that long ago. I would rather play the field. I probably will not be getting married as I do not believe in marriage. I don't want too wake up to the same female every day. I can't say that I'm a player but I tend to lose interest quickly, and I can't help it lol. So many beautiful women in this world, its hard to choose. Plus im always busy and will be starting school again so a relationship is a big no no right now. And being in the bible belt really dosent help neither. I cringe every time I hear a girl say "I need me a good christian man" or "a god fearing man," blah blah blah. Why does he have to be christian? I mean I'm good but I'm far from christian. But maybe if I find a firey red head with beautiful blue eyes I might recant that marriage thing lol.

I'm still single because 98.9% of the women I meet are looking for a god "FEARING" man. The pool of attractive, eligible, intelligent women is pretty empty.

Hmm ...lets see...there were a few good ones here so I'll start with those.

Yes Im still searching for my soul mate...
I guess I AM bit weary these days...

I can't find an atheist mate...
Ive become a bit shy and yes a lil introverted now...
Its not that I hate the bar scene...its that MY MATE would not be found at a freakin' bar...
There is no place (locally) where I can meet my type of ppl...
Im very selective (Im not ready to "just settle")...

I wouldnt call myself a "great" catch by most ppl's standards, but Im definitely worth catching...

As a person, building social bridges with other women aren't a challenge for me in real life, but being single is another story.

First thing is that where i come from, women have a certain education, so to speak i never found such compatibility, to simply because am western minded person living in a muslim country, women and men have different conceptions about their roles, women do actually believe that they're men's own, but i see my partner as my real partner "equality".

I'm now more isolated speaking about being in realationship, so simply because where i live there's only believers there's no atheists at all, and worse than that when you commit to someone it's a whole family business, so it's kind of impossible.

I only wait for the aliens to send me someone that i have same mind, hopefully ill get that or ill just stay single the way i am and that's really scary and hurting, it's actually a high price you pay if you use your mind in a muslim country.

Thank you!

I'm in Alabama and I'm a lesbian and an atheist. Plus, yeah, I'm kinda polyamorous by nature.

I spent the majority of my life being told I wasn't good enough. And the people who did tell me I was ended up lying to me about something else to where I couldn't trust them or anything they said they thought. I am picky, but rightly so. I can be a not too aggressive, socially and make people uncomfortable with my openness. I'm not sure if I am just not ,meeting the right people (or any people, I don't drink and most people near me only care about that) I'm confident I will know when it is right, though. Whether it is a man or woman.

I am on an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean... I wont date a theist period (too picky?) and the single atheist men that ARE here are generally in the military and quite too young for me. *sighs*....

Also  OTHER:

Guys, do NOT want girls that are really smart. My favourite activity is learning. Simply for the sake of learning.  Language flows in and out of me in a variety of "species". I can get wrapped up in the proverbial white boards full of math all over the house that I find exquisitely entertaining.  History can take me down in a bundle of joy or horror to the floor for many hours at end (sometimes for days)... and then there are the plethora of science fields... I can get lost in any of them at any given time for very long lengths of time.  I want to share this with someone.. I want to share the taste of colour, and the touch of numbers.   NOW throw in the whole being blunt and honest thing?  No, guys, in general, even if the profess otherwise, do not want a smart nor honest woman.

RSS

Discussion Forum

enjoy lots of girls or love one girl?

Started by Hassan Ghanem. Last reply by Lewal Feb 17. 7 Replies

General Introductions: So, Why Are YOU Single?

Started by Sydni Moser. Last reply by Isabel Garcia Nov 29, 2013. 182 Replies

Question, especially for guys!

Started by Sydni Moser. Last reply by Tom Sarbeck Nov 27, 2013. 107 Replies

Dating Christians and Other Religious People

Started by Ashley Johnson. Last reply by James Johnson Nov 11, 2013. 33 Replies

How to Meet, Date, and Woo Atheist Women

Started by Sydni Moser. Last reply by Lydia Hickman Mar 24, 2013. 11 Replies

Blog Posts

What do you do with the anger?

Posted by dataguy on September 20, 2014 at 5:12pm 1 Comment

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 3 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service