General Introductions: So, Why Are YOU Single?

Let's get personal...

* Still searching for your soul mate?

* Have you lost in love and still tending your wounds?

* Busy life and career, no time to date?

* Broke and lonely too?

* Afraid to get too close?

* Can't find an atheist mate?

* Too shy and introverted?

* Hate the bar scene, but don't know where to meet up with someone?

* 'Been there, done that',  just what a friend/companion?

* Enjoy 'playing the field' and don't want to settle down?

* I'm too stupid, ugly, and insensitive, so nobody likes me?

* Too picky?

* Don't know why I'm still single, I'm a great catch....

* Other....

It's time to introduce yourself. There is nothing wrong with being single, some of my best friends are, and are happily single at that. Just tell your story, we've all got one... Plus, you never know who you might meet right here on T/A for friendship or more?

Views: 2879

Replies to This Discussion

I suppose I fit the "been there, done that" category, I've been divorced for almost two years and haven't really been in a hurry to get back in the game. I loved being a part of a couple but don't think I could ever go through it again. You never know the rules of the game always change. :)
How true, Larry, how very true.
Hmmm. I'm sure that too shy and introverted applies to an extent. "Stupid, ugly, and insensative" not so much, although I probably don't look too apealing to most people. It is hard to find an athiest mate.

I'm only 5'11'' and 140 pounds, and I come from a town where being a lightweight is ANYTHING BUT glamourous, so that got in the way for a while.
I'm figuring that out now. I currently spend most of the year in Eugene Oregon (a college town), so the being a lighweight doesn't get in the way anymore. There are very many interresting females here!

Tall and thin guys are sexy.  Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

For me:

* Broke and lonely too
* Afraid to get too close
* Can't find an atheist mate
* Too shy and introverted
* I'm too stupid, ugly, and insensitive lack self-respect, so nobody likes me
* Too picky

Pretty much. 2, 4, and 5 are being worked on (as far as they can).
Dude, that cruise sounds like a brilliant idea, but I only have $1.04 to my name right now (and no, I'm not underestimating... indeed, I may be overestimating), so I'm not doing much of anything besides mooching off my parents (who have been gracious) and job-hunting (which is proving to be worthless... but I can't give up lest my parents get annoyed at me staying with them).
Nathan, I am sure you are NOT, too stupid, ugly and lack self-respect... I put that in as a joke.

My mother used to say, "There is a cover for every pot..." That 'cover' will show up soon for you.
I appreciate it. And I hope so. I really do. One day... but without personal changes that need to be made it won't happen soon (and those changes are being made, but changing is not easy in any way, shape, or form).

I'd check all the same things.  Making modest changes too.  Good luck Nathan!

* Too shy and introverted?
My biggest problem!

* Too picky?
Picky when the word is applied to the general population. Not picky when the word is applied to people who visit an atheist website. Theism is a no-no.

I look after myself, I'm careful with my diet & try to be healthy.
lol, can try next time I'm in a social situation, but I seem to subconsciously avoid those now :P

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Discussion Forum

enjoy lots of girls or love one girl?

Started by Hassan Ghanem. Last reply by Lewal Feb 17. 7 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com