Ricky Gervais@rickygervais18 May

I leave you with the tweet of the year...
"Dumb athiest. Why quote ? He just a retard in a wheelchair with a robot voice"

I certainly don't want to cast aspersions on all theists, and I admit this knucklehead is in the extreme, but this is what we're up against. Ignorant, contemptous, contemptible (illiterate) morons.  Anybody else encounter this sort of idiocy?

Views: 594

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

SteveinCO pointed out to me that a huge number of anti-atheist posts on the net spell atheist incorrectly, putting the i before the e.  So if you Google "athiest" you can sift through a whole heap of tripe in one fell swoop.  I see the tweet you posted carries this same spelling error.  Remarkably tragic.

I recommend to you to follow Godless Spellchecker, he is hilarious, intelligent, and assertive.
He corrects stupid people who spell atheist wrong.

Yes, sorry about my post above, I honestly wasn't picking on spelling, and I'm glad to get the chance to clarify.  I just found it quirky that it was possible to filter hate messages in a search engine in respect of atheism by simply juxtaposing a couple of letters

Stupidity didn't really come in to it.

Yes, I encounter the idiocy, often, and loudly, but I've only recently been putting myself out there. I'm not too good at responding to illogical nonsense with a cool head, so I just generally watch from the sidelines. But Ricky Gervais allows me to be part of the conversation, even if I'm just listening.

All of my life!

Hey you athiests are just devil worshippers who want to sin all time and should stop being mad at god.

[/sarcasm]

J T Benjamin - Of course we have encountered idiocy. This is America you know. The morons outnumber the highly educated by a full 96%.  At least religion is on the way out--thanks to the intelligence and clear thinking found on the internet

Ah, Ricky Gervias. My favorite hard atheist.  Or should I say with a chuckle. . .

"Jis nuther wun o them athiest assholes what don't know from nuthin. All Merican athiests is stoopid"

. . . and join the ranks of the illiterate and undereducated masses here in the states?  Naaa!  I think I will Google Gervais again to enjoy the quiet humor of that great British comic (and progressive atheist) who brings me much to enjoy.     

This tweet about wraps it up for stupid theists.  

"Dumb athiest. Why quote ? He just a retard in a wheelchair with a robot voice"

Do people think thats a serious comment?

Really??

How do you know it was said by a theist? - 

Its funny

I think its just a cute joke most likely said by an atheist?

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Things you hate.

Started by Devlin Cuite in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 8 minutes ago. 181 Replies

Blog Posts

Zella Mae Jarrett

Posted by Philip Jarrett on April 19, 2014 at 11:35pm 2 Comments

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.