http://www.nbcnews.com/id/26972493/ns/technology_and_science-scienc...

The focus issue this is a reference to the historical Jesus who was called Christ or the 'anointed one(gk.) i.e. the messiah. Since I know Greek it is saying the name of Christ to evoke magic; but this in not the point it shows he was an historical personage which some deny even though most scholar's believe Jesus did exist.

Just sharing.

Tags: Jesus, bowl, magic

Views: 222

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This article sounds horribly misleading, the archaeologist's quote was fairly obviously in response to a question like, "Could this be a reference to Jesus," that's called leading. Then the author links that to the bible with the statement about wisemen.

The more I read the more disgusted I get, this is one of the most egregious examples of journalistic bias I've ever seen, This is ridiculous. 'Goddio said, "It is very probable that in Alexandria they were aware of the existence of Jesus" and of his associated legendary miracles, such as transforming water into wine, multiplying loaves of bread, conducting miraculous health cures, and the story of the resurrection itself.'

Continuing that sentence in that way is actual misrepresentation if I didn't bold the quote the entire statement sounds like it's from Goddio. I would not read, anything put out by Discovery if they allow journalists like that.

Note also, Joshua, that the author continually links the name, Jesus, with the title, Christ - by virtue of his reporting, he is specifically linking the character, Jesus, with the prophesied "Christ," hardly impersonal journalism.

He's clearly screaming at the top of his lungs, "I am Christian, and this is proof that my savior lived!" He could benefit from a few good journalism courses.

No way....this discovery of mine could not mean that.....Nah!! I need a cup of tea!!

Tea? TEA! You're no Irishman! Change your name to Reg, the Fronkey Fraud! You're an embarrassment to the clan - ahh, go drink your tea --!*

*(Must be read with a brogue and a tongue affixed firmly to the cheek)

Allow me to introduce you to Irish Tea, Arch...

Hmmm --

A REAL Irishman would reverse that ratio!

I would sooner have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy!!

You must be....The Wizard!

I'd rather have a half-empty bottle in front of me, than either of them - stay thirsty, my friend.

He is ... the most interesting transitional fossil in the world...

I'll bet you say that to all the transitional fossils --

Arch you're ALL jumpy this morning! You sure you sober homeboy? You been drinking that tea too or smokin' (in a thick new mexico accent)

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

A fun test for all you ex-Christians

Started by Emperor Milos in Music. Last reply by Gallup's Mirror 44 minutes ago. 3 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service