Question was inspired by this user from Yahoo, thought I'd get some opinions on this on Think Atheist.

Views: 1256

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've answered it several times - there is no dualism to be found between life and matter.  Life is just a state of matter, nothing more.  Now it 'could' be that there is more to it, but there is zero evidence to support any such concept and plenty of evidence against many such concepts.

RE: "You seem awfully defensive for no reason at all. I imagined this would be a free exchange of ideas."

I strongly suspect that that may well be because you seem to believe that if you repeat an erroneous concept often enough, that will make it true.

If I am patterns in a brain, how can two separate brain patterns in the same brain be the same person?

Think of it like your brain patterns being part of an orchestra.  You have the strings section, and the brass section, and the percussion section, all carrying out different 'patterns'.  It is the combination of these patterns that make you uniquely you.

Spike Jones Band

RE: "Think of it like your brain patterns being part of an orchestra."

Mine are more like the Spike Jones Band --

Spike Jones - I want to plot a graph on his suit!

Don't mock my heroes --

Sorry, Arch.  What I should have said, is "lovely plumage!" but you never answer my PMs, you don't call, you don't write....

When a light bulb has burned out, there is still the glass shell casing where it used to give light.  Where has the light gone?  Has it moved on to an immortal plain, or has the filament inside the bulb that gave off the light, simply ended?

The bulb has ended. You need to change it.

And so it is with life.  It ends.

If anyone needs to change me out after I have ended, I've been told the guys like me are a dime a dozen. Haven't found the store where we are sold yet, but that's really not a bad price.

Sighs... We have to wait?  Can you at least provide some form of light entertainment whilst we do?  (light entertainment - muahaha)

RSS

Blog Posts

What do you do with the anger?

Posted by dataguy on September 20, 2014 at 5:12pm 2 Comments

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 3 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service