Hey everyone,

I know this may be a random topic, but I have been looking for some good movies to watch as of late and I cant find too many.  So i thought of making a discussion to see what other peoples favorite movies are. You can put your top 5, 3, or simply just your favorite. You can do by genre, it really doesn't make a difference as long as you say what the movie is. Thanks

Tags: Favorite, all, movie, of, time

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fargo (did not see this one mentioned in previous posts, perhaps I missed it)

Emperor's New Groove (personally I love this movie for so many reasons, I may be in the minority here)

Clockwork Orange ( I think this has already been mentioned)

Full Metal Jacket (one of my husband's favs)

Star Wars (all of them, I know please don't beat me up)

Breaking Glass

Sid and Nancy

Sleepless in Seattle 

Rear Window

North by Northwest

The Birds (or pretty much anything by Hitchcock)

Any Chaplin or Buster Keaton film

Lord of the Rings (all)

Road Warrior

Good Morning Vietnam

Nightmare Before Christmas

Toy Story (all of them)

I am surprised that there are so many people who liked the HP films.  I was pretty disappointed in them myself.  I read the books and the movies seemed to be pretty much a synopsis of the story and not the story itself.  I feel that the whole thing should be shot again and maybe let Peter Jackson have it.  I did enjoy the Deathly Hallows Part II, but am still disenchanted by the films.

Gladiator

Happy Gilmore

The Patriot

Waterboy

Dances With Wolves

Forrest Gump

The Last of the Mohicans

Here are a few of my favs that I haven’t seen listed:

-Red State (when it comes out in October, go see it! Kevin Smith did a freakin amazing job on this one. And any movie that gets the Westboro Baptist Church to protest it is a must see =P)

-Old Boy / Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance / Lady Vengeance (great Trilogy)

-Agora (great historical for anyone who is Atheist, documents the fall of the Library of Alexandria)

-Idiocracy (were headed there...)

-Doctor Who (I know it’s not a movie, and I’ve only seen the new series starting with the 9th Dr, but its epic)

I recently watched Never Let Me go after reading the book. Great story to ponder but really draining emotionally. Carey Mulligan and Andrew Garfield were great. Could have done with out Keira Knightly grimacing throughout most of it.

Favorite movie of all time is To Kill a Mockingbird.

LOTR and HP movies are also near the top.

Much Ado About Nothing has lots of re-watch value.

My only chick flick I own is A Room with  View

Love watching My Neighbor, Totoro with the 6yo, or even without her. :)  I like several other Miyazaki films as well.

Hmm. That's all I can think of for now.

This is a fun thread. :)

RSS

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 3 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service