I know this may be a random topic, but I have been looking for some good movies to watch as of late and I cant find too many. So i thought of making a discussion to see what other peoples favorite movies are. You can put your top 5, 3, or simply just your favorite. You can do by genre, it really doesn't make a difference as long as you say what the movie is. Thanks
I think I'll put my top favorite movies in no particular order. I'll try to keep to ones people haven't mentioned so most are animations but they're still awesome.
2. Iron Giant
3. The Lion King or Kimba The White Lion
4. How to Train Your Dragon, Megamind, Monsters vs. Aliens, or the first Shrek. Aka Dreamworks at it's finest.
5. Pretty much any movie by Hayao Miyazaki, though I'm not a big fan of Ponyo
6. Fight Club
7. Original Star Wars
8. All of the Jurassic Parks (just even the second one with Jeff Goldbloom, it was part of my childhood, what can I say)
9. Pulp Fiction
10. Harry Potter (any one of them)
11. Metropolis (the 1927 film and the anime version from 2001)
12. The Dark Knight
14. All Dogs Go to Heaven (yes a movie with obvious religious meanings and some indoctrination, but again childhood movie and I can still watch it as pure fiction.)
15. Any pre-Rock-a-Doodle(1991) Don Bluth movie, this includes Land Before Time and The Secret of NIMH both of which are beautifully animated with good stories.
Rocky Horror Picture Show / Inherit the Wind
Princess Bride / Forbidden Planet
They Might be Giants (Good luck finding a copy of that one!)
Silent Running / Juliette of the Spirits
Raising Arizona / Night of the Hunter
Legend (eye candy) / The Gods Must be Crazy
Harold and Maud /Dr. Strangelove
4) Cannonball Run
3) SLC Punk
2) Groundhog Day
Into The Wild
Little Miss Sunshine
Wall Street (1st & 2nd)
In no particular order...
V for Vendetta
Casino Royale (007)
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
4. Let it Ride
2. Gone with the Wind
1. Taming of the Shrew, Burton/Taylor
No Country for Old Men - and read the book.
The Kids are Alright - and buy all the albums.
Godfathers A and B - and make pasta.
Mystic River - and beat someone to death with a baseball bat. And read the book.
Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven - and revel in the similarities of two disparate cultures.