I know some of you guys don't see quotations from personalities as such a good source of information but, I personally, find them fascinating. They are so concentrated in their message and yet straight to the point.

Because this is thinkatheist.com I know most of them will be about, well, atheism, but I like quotes from every domain. You can post any favorite quote you like.

I would like to post some rules in this thread ( just for the sake of readability ).

1. If you post to this thread you must post only the quote ( in italics and with quotation marks ) and the author. ( you can link the author to wikipedia if you want )
2. If you want to comment please reply to a quote-post that has already been submitted. ( you can comment on each quote if you like but please don't break rule 1 and comment on the whole discussion )
3. You may post only a quote per post ( no multiple quotes )

My quotebook will come in handy. Can't wait to see your snippets of thought.

Enjoy!

Tags: Famous, People, Quotes, from, quote, quotes

Views: 691

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations. The quotations, when engraved upon the memory, give you good thoughts. They also make you anxious to read the authors and look for more. - Winston Churchill

I heard this one for the first time on one of Gervais' shows.

Why are you still posting quotes, mate? I thought it was a good idea for people to comment on quotes, but it seems that they are not really interested, so, it's just you posting quotes till your fingers fall down. You could just as well do it in Microsoft Office Word or something, if you want to collect quotes.

True. But I want something on-line for me. I don't think I am occupying much space on the server nor do I spam the forums.

Stalkers that might be viewing it may like them. Who knows?

You're not even bothering me personally, but I find it pointless... If the staff doesn't mind, why would I? I was just suggesting Word because I use it to for quotes rather than posting them in a thread, except the ones I post on the Quote of the Day group.

I have 3 computers in my house that I use and I usually use the schools computers so I need something that is 'in the cloud', online. 

So it is not entirely pointless for me. It is easier for me to continue this way than to create a new .doc and copy-paste again all the quotes in it.

I'm just a little lazy today.

Brilliant - Keep up the good work Johnny!!
"To save the world requires faith and courage: faith in reason, and courage to proclaim what reason shows to be true"  - Bertrand Russel

RSS

Forum

Why do we tolerate this?

Started by Belle Rose in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Unseen 5 minutes ago. 30 Replies

A relapse.....

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Noel 42 minutes ago. 9 Replies

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by Belle Rose 6 hours ago. 64 Replies

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by Belle Rose 13 hours ago. 12 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service