I know some of you guys don't see quotations from personalities as such a good source of information but, I personally, find them fascinating. They are so concentrated in their message and yet straight to the point.

Because this is thinkatheist.com I know most of them will be about, well, atheism, but I like quotes from every domain. You can post any favorite quote you like.

I would like to post some rules in this thread ( just for the sake of readability ).

1. If you post to this thread you must post only the quote ( in italics and with quotation marks ) and the author. ( you can link the author to wikipedia if you want )
2. If you want to comment please reply to a quote-post that has already been submitted. ( you can comment on each quote if you like but please don't break rule 1 and comment on the whole discussion )
3. You may post only a quote per post ( no multiple quotes )

My quotebook will come in handy. Can't wait to see your snippets of thought.

Enjoy!

Tags: Famous, People, Quotes, from, quote, quotes

Views: 661

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"A moral man needs religion as much as a blind man needs sunglasses." -LJM
"To most christians, the bible is like a Software License. Nobody actually reads it. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree."
"I just talked to god and he says he’s a gay pro-abortion Atheist! Now, prove that statement false." -Baron von Knifty
"If every supposed god is all-knowing why does it make every follower so all-clueless?"-Baron von Knifty
"From the point of view of the tapeworm, man was created by God to serve the appetite of the tapeworm."-Nim
"From the point of view of the tapeworm, man was created by God to serve the appetite of the tapeworm."-Nim
"Civilization has come about by going to school more than to church." -Lemuel K. Washburn
"The Eleventh Commandment is, “Don’t believe everything thou readeth.”" -Baron von Knifty
"Until you can prove there is a soul, there is no afterlife." -Morse Smith
"Until you can prove there is a soul, there is no afterlife." -Morse Smith
"A one sentence definition of mythology? "Mythology" is what we call someone else's religion."-Joseph Campbell
"It is one of the superstitions of the human mind to have imagined that virginity could be a virtue." -Voltaire

RSS

Forum

Disorders of Sex Development

Started by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp in Small Talk. Last reply by Quincy Maxwell 7 minutes ago. 10 Replies

Deepak's challenge

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer 1 hour ago. 27 Replies

Ken Hamm at it again

Started by Noel in Small Talk. Last reply by Erock68la 6 hours ago. 2 Replies

It happened

Started by Belle Rose in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp 8 hours ago. 75 Replies

Living freely.

Started by Quincy Maxwell in Society. Last reply by Ed 11 hours ago. 22 Replies

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 10 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service