I know some of you guys don't see quotations from personalities as such a good source of information but, I personally, find them fascinating. They are so concentrated in their message and yet straight to the point.

Because this is thinkatheist.com I know most of them will be about, well, atheism, but I like quotes from every domain. You can post any favorite quote you like.

I would like to post some rules in this thread ( just for the sake of readability ).

1. If you post to this thread you must post only the quote ( in italics and with quotation marks ) and the author. ( you can link the author to wikipedia if you want )
2. If you want to comment please reply to a quote-post that has already been submitted. ( you can comment on each quote if you like but please don't break rule 1 and comment on the whole discussion )
3. You may post only a quote per post ( no multiple quotes )

My quotebook will come in handy. Can't wait to see your snippets of thought.

Enjoy!

Tags: Famous, People, Quotes, from, quote, quotes

Views: 691

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"To most christians, the bible is like a Software License. Nobody actually reads it. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree."
"I just talked to god and he says he’s a gay pro-abortion Atheist! Now, prove that statement false." -Baron von Knifty
"If every supposed god is all-knowing why does it make every follower so all-clueless?"-Baron von Knifty
"From the point of view of the tapeworm, man was created by God to serve the appetite of the tapeworm."-Nim
"From the point of view of the tapeworm, man was created by God to serve the appetite of the tapeworm."-Nim
"Civilization has come about by going to school more than to church." -Lemuel K. Washburn
"The Eleventh Commandment is, “Don’t believe everything thou readeth.”" -Baron von Knifty
"Until you can prove there is a soul, there is no afterlife." -Morse Smith
"Until you can prove there is a soul, there is no afterlife." -Morse Smith
"A one sentence definition of mythology? "Mythology" is what we call someone else's religion."-Joseph Campbell
"It is one of the superstitions of the human mind to have imagined that virginity could be a virtue." -Voltaire
"Is prayer more about satisfying the emotional needs of the person doing it than the needs of the person prayed for?" -Anonymous

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service