I know some of you guys don't see quotations from personalities as such a good source of information but, I personally, find them fascinating. They are so concentrated in their message and yet straight to the point.

Because this is thinkatheist.com I know most of them will be about, well, atheism, but I like quotes from every domain. You can post any favorite quote you like.

I would like to post some rules in this thread ( just for the sake of readability ).

1. If you post to this thread you must post only the quote ( in italics and with quotation marks ) and the author. ( you can link the author to wikipedia if you want )
2. If you want to comment please reply to a quote-post that has already been submitted. ( you can comment on each quote if you like but please don't break rule 1 and comment on the whole discussion )
3. You may post only a quote per post ( no multiple quotes )

My quotebook will come in handy. Can't wait to see your snippets of thought.

Enjoy!

Tags: Famous, People, Quotes, from, quote, quotes

Views: 690

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Question everything about religion and you will discover why others don't."-Skip Bazile
"Atheism is nothing more than the noises reasonable people make in the presence of unjustified religious beliefs." -Sam Harris
"There's only one thing standing in the way of me having a relationship with God; His existence."-Jenny Guy
"God is Perfect: Perfect beings do not experience anger or suprise towards a sequence of events they knew of in advance."-John Kelly Ireland
"Religion tells people WHAT to think. Science teaches people HOW to think."-unknown
"I've found that most people that want to share their religious beliefs with you very rarely want you to share yours with them."-unknown
"As an Atheist, having a christian threaten me with hell is like having a hippy threaten to punch me in my aura."-unknown
"If you have to lie to prove what you believe, then what you believe is a lie." -Frater Ravus
"The worst hell is a mind controlled by religion."-Baron von Knifty
"Believing is easier than thinking. Hence so many more believers than thinkers."-Bruce Calvert
"A man can live without air for minutes, water for days, food for weeks and answers forever." -unknown
"A moral man needs religion as much as a blind man needs sunglasses." -LJM

RSS

Forum

The Elephant in the Room...

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Tom Sarbeck 1 hour ago. 18 Replies

A relapse.....

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Ed 2 hours ago. 1 Reply

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by Pope Beanie 4 hours ago. 60 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service