I know some of you guys don't see quotations from personalities as such a good source of information but, I personally, find them fascinating. They are so concentrated in their message and yet straight to the point.

Because this is thinkatheist.com I know most of them will be about, well, atheism, but I like quotes from every domain. You can post any favorite quote you like.

I would like to post some rules in this thread ( just for the sake of readability ).

1. If you post to this thread you must post only the quote ( in italics and with quotation marks ) and the author. ( you can link the author to wikipedia if you want )
2. If you want to comment please reply to a quote-post that has already been submitted. ( you can comment on each quote if you like but please don't break rule 1 and comment on the whole discussion )
3. You may post only a quote per post ( no multiple quotes )

My quotebook will come in handy. Can't wait to see your snippets of thought.

Enjoy!

Tags: Famous, People, Quotes, from, quote, quotes

Views: 673

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs." ~ Unknown
"I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life, I absenteed myself from Christian assemblies." - Benjamin Franklin
"The Beatles might not be bigger than Jesus... but at least we know they really existed." - Alan Harvey
"The World is divided into armed camps ready to commit genocide just because we can't agree on whose fairy tales to believe." ~ Ed Krebs

"All my life I dealt with all the Big Questions about Life, such as "Who Am I?", and one day I figured it all out.

All I had to do was find out who everyone else was, and I was the one left over."

~ Jon Carroll, SF Chronicle, mid 90's

"Being religious is like sitting in a train station and waiting for a plane." - Mahyar Bordbar
"You don't speak in tongues; your religion has just made you go temporarily insane" - Unknown
"Believers call atheists "hard hearted". In all honesty, I'd rather have a hardened heart than a stagnant brain" - Unknown
"Fundamentalists believe the problem is eating from the Tree of Knowledge. Atheists believe the problem is cutting it down" - Arthur Shuey

"Any book that features a talking donkey (Numbers 22:21-30) to my mind is, and can only be, a fairytale"-unknown

( Link: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Numbers+22:21-30&ve... )

It so happens i do have an all time favorite quote and it's not a atheist quote.

Sadly i have no idea who it wrote it.

"A real friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words. "

That is spot on!

RSS

Blog Posts

What do you do with the anger?

Posted by dataguy on September 20, 2014 at 5:12pm 3 Comments

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 5 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service