I know some of you guys don't see quotations from personalities as such a good source of information but, I personally, find them fascinating. They are so concentrated in their message and yet straight to the point.

Because this is thinkatheist.com I know most of them will be about, well, atheism, but I like quotes from every domain. You can post any favorite quote you like.

I would like to post some rules in this thread ( just for the sake of readability ).

1. If you post to this thread you must post only the quote ( in italics and with quotation marks ) and the author. ( you can link the author to wikipedia if you want )
2. If you want to comment please reply to a quote-post that has already been submitted. ( you can comment on each quote if you like but please don't break rule 1 and comment on the whole discussion )
3. You may post only a quote per post ( no multiple quotes )

My quotebook will come in handy. Can't wait to see your snippets of thought.

Tags: Famous, People, Quotes, from, quote, quotes

Views: 789

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"The Christian resolution to find the world ugly and bad has made the world ugly and bad." -Friedrich Nietzsche
"Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent." - Carl Sandburg
"Other people's opinion of you does not have to become your reality." - Les Brown
"No God ever gave any man anything, nor ever answered any prayer at any time - nor ever will." - Madelyn Murray O'Hair
"If God has spoken, why is the world not convinced?" - Percy Bysshe Shelley
"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs." ~ Unknown
"I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life, I absenteed myself from Christian assemblies." - Benjamin Franklin
"The Beatles might not be bigger than Jesus... but at least we know they really existed." - Alan Harvey
"The World is divided into armed camps ready to commit genocide just because we can't agree on whose fairy tales to believe." ~ Ed Krebs
"Being religious is like sitting in a train station and waiting for a plane." - Mahyar Bordbar
"You don't speak in tongues; your religion has just made you go temporarily insane" - Unknown
"Believers call atheists "hard hearted". In all honesty, I'd rather have a hardened heart than a stagnant brain" - Unknown

© 2015   Created by umar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service