I know some of you guys don't see quotations from personalities as such a good source of information but, I personally, find them fascinating. They are so concentrated in their message and yet straight to the point.

Because this is thinkatheist.com I know most of them will be about, well, atheism, but I like quotes from every domain. You can post any favorite quote you like.

I would like to post some rules in this thread ( just for the sake of readability ).

1. If you post to this thread you must post only the quote ( in italics and with quotation marks ) and the author. ( you can link the author to wikipedia if you want )
2. If you want to comment please reply to a quote-post that has already been submitted. ( you can comment on each quote if you like but please don't break rule 1 and comment on the whole discussion )
3. You may post only a quote per post ( no multiple quotes )

My quotebook will come in handy. Can't wait to see your snippets of thought.

Enjoy!

Tags: Famous, People, Quotes, from, quote, quotes

Views: 661

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"In 1000 years we will all be Atheist or we will no longer be." - Rich Rodriguez
"To want to be what one can be is purpose in life." - Cynthia Ozick
“What religion would blow away a Scientologist? How weird would the religion have 2B before the Scientologists would go“THAT IS WHACKED!”? - Dana Carvey
“It was a high counsel that I once heard given to a young person, “Always do what you are afraid to do.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
( I think I found waldo )
"The finality of death is the coldest truth one must face. Religion makes the perfect distraction." ~ Anonymous
"The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it" ~ Terry Pratchet
"God is eternal because human stupidity is infinite."-Joseph Fientes
"The Christian resolution to find the world ugly and bad has made the world ugly and bad." -Friedrich Nietzsche
"Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent." - Carl Sandburg
"Other people's opinion of you does not have to become your reality." - Les Brown
"No God ever gave any man anything, nor ever answered any prayer at any time - nor ever will." - Madelyn Murray O'Hair
"If God has spoken, why is the world not convinced?" - Percy Bysshe Shelley

RSS

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 25 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service