I know some of you guys don't see quotations from personalities as such a good source of information but, I personally, find them fascinating. They are so concentrated in their message and yet straight to the point.

Because this is thinkatheist.com I know most of them will be about, well, atheism, but I like quotes from every domain. You can post any favorite quote you like.

I would like to post some rules in this thread ( just for the sake of readability ).

1. If you post to this thread you must post only the quote ( in italics and with quotation marks ) and the author. ( you can link the author to wikipedia if you want )
2. If you want to comment please reply to a quote-post that has already been submitted. ( you can comment on each quote if you like but please don't break rule 1 and comment on the whole discussion )
3. You may post only a quote per post ( no multiple quotes )

My quotebook will come in handy. Can't wait to see your snippets of thought.

Enjoy!

Views: 893

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

“The future depends on what we do in the present.” - Mahatma Gandhi
Which is why the problem/solutions for Global Warming are so important, they should take precedence over almost anything else you can bring up as important. If we do not reign in CO2 emissions right now we are condemning future generations to a very harsh and perhaps for civilization an unlivable world.
YES!!
"When reality doesn`t fit the truth, bend the truth to fit reality." - Simon Harte
"Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer." - Unknown
"If you have faith in God, you have ceased looking for the truth." - Unknown
Nice. I joined.

But, I have made this thread so that we can express our opinions on the quotes we like.
"We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it's forever." - Carl Sagan
"Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions." - Frater Ravus
Replace stops with forbids and then I can really agree... If you use stops it's ok, but forbids defines it much better.
Well put. Agreed.
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

RSS

© 2018   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service