I'm an Egyptian ex-Muslim Atheist and I'm am residing illegally in Denmark with my girlfriend (who is Danish) as I am scared to go back to my home country and get arrested or tortured for criticizing Islam. I have been legally traveling between Europe and North America every three months for the past two years, and I literally spent every cent from my savings doing that. I have no home where I can get back to in Egypt and my family doesn't accept me for rejecting Islam. I have thought a lot about applying for Asylum but I discovered that only 33% of applicants succeed in their case. I also spoke with many people over here who are extremely supportive but are also confused about whether I should apply for Asylum or not as if I get deported back to Egypt my chances of survival would be minimal.

My hatred towards Islam started when I saw how violent and immoral that religion is. I have been taught as a child that Islam is the one true religion and that anyone that is not Muslim is considered to be an enemy and I simply couldn't accept that kind of logic. I was lucky enough to travel around the world, explore other cultures and I was mostly fascinated with Scandinavian countries and how peaceful they are. I also happen to love Islam's number one enemy: Science, and thanks to it, I became who I am today.

I am extremely confused and sad about the life I'm living, I've never felt freedom before and I hope to be part of a secular society that wouldn't kill or torture me for my own freedom of thought. I am also psychologically frustrated as I feel chained to something that I don't and will never belong to.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you.

Tags: Apostasy, Asylum, Atheist, Death, Denmark, Egypt, Ex-Muslim, Exmuslim, Freedom, Help, More…Islam, Penalty, Support

Views: 727

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's wishing you success! Good luck!

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Things you hate.

Started by Devlin Cuite in Small Talk. Last reply by Gallup's Mirror 54 minutes ago. 133 Replies

Blog Posts

I am tired

Posted by Philip Jarrett on April 18, 2014 at 12:09am 0 Comments

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.