I'm an Egyptian ex-Muslim Atheist and I'm am residing illegally in Denmark with my girlfriend (who is Danish) as I am scared to go back to my home country and get arrested or tortured for criticizing Islam. I have been legally traveling between Europe and North America every three months for the past two years, and I literally spent every cent from my savings doing that. I have no home where I can get back to in Egypt and my family doesn't accept me for rejecting Islam. I have thought a lot about applying for Asylum but I discovered that only 33% of applicants succeed in their case. I also spoke with many people over here who are extremely supportive but are also confused about whether I should apply for Asylum or not as if I get deported back to Egypt my chances of survival would be minimal.

My hatred towards Islam started when I saw how violent and immoral that religion is. I have been taught as a child that Islam is the one true religion and that anyone that is not Muslim is considered to be an enemy and I simply couldn't accept that kind of logic. I was lucky enough to travel around the world, explore other cultures and I was mostly fascinated with Scandinavian countries and how peaceful they are. I also happen to love Islam's number one enemy: Science, and thanks to it, I became who I am today.

I am extremely confused and sad about the life I'm living, I've never felt freedom before and I hope to be part of a secular society that wouldn't kill or torture me for my own freedom of thought. I am also psychologically frustrated as I feel chained to something that I don't and will never belong to.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you.

Tags: Apostasy, Asylum, Atheist, Death, Denmark, Egypt, Ex-Muslim, Exmuslim, Freedom, Help, More…Islam, Penalty, Support

Views: 739

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's wishing you success! Good luck!

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service