I'm an Egyptian ex-Muslim Atheist and I'm am residing illegally in Denmark with my girlfriend (who is Danish) as I am scared to go back to my home country and get arrested or tortured for criticizing Islam. I have been legally traveling between Europe and North America every three months for the past two years, and I literally spent every cent from my savings doing that. I have no home where I can get back to in Egypt and my family doesn't accept me for rejecting Islam. I have thought a lot about applying for Asylum but I discovered that only 33% of applicants succeed in their case. I also spoke with many people over here who are extremely supportive but are also confused about whether I should apply for Asylum or not as if I get deported back to Egypt my chances of survival would be minimal.

My hatred towards Islam started when I saw how violent and immoral that religion is. I have been taught as a child that Islam is the one true religion and that anyone that is not Muslim is considered to be an enemy and I simply couldn't accept that kind of logic. I was lucky enough to travel around the world, explore other cultures and I was mostly fascinated with Scandinavian countries and how peaceful they are. I also happen to love Islam's number one enemy: Science, and thanks to it, I became who I am today.

I am extremely confused and sad about the life I'm living, I've never felt freedom before and I hope to be part of a secular society that wouldn't kill or torture me for my own freedom of thought. I am also psychologically frustrated as I feel chained to something that I don't and will never belong to.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you.

Tags: Apostasy, Asylum, Atheist, Death, Denmark, Egypt, Ex-Muslim, Exmuslim, Freedom, Help, More…Islam, Penalty, Support

Views: 919

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you are really serious, I suggest you visit this forum, which is one of the few legit Ex Muslim forums out there

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?action=forum

Go talk to the mods there, and they have connection with Maryam Namazi, an Iranian born British Ex Muslim Atheist and a Human rights activist, who is the leading voice in the Ex Muslim Community,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryam_Namazie

But that Ex Muslim forum will be your best bet. I have a been a member there for a long time and we receive messages from Ex Muslims like you all the time. Good Luck

Hello fellow ex-Muslim,

I understand your plight, luckily for me I was a revert to begin with and never lived in an Islamic nation.

I would say to go for the asylum seeking, like others have said, do your research and go prepared, get advice from others who have succeeded in their applications.

If all else fails, maybe you can go backpacking around the world and seek donations, start a blog about your experiences, earn money that way...

Or pretend to be Muslim just enough to not get killed.  Egypt isn't Saudi Arabia, so it isn't *that* bad, it isn't like everything shuts down every day for salat, as far as I'm aware, but I could be wrong, sorry.

Don't be stubborn though and lose your life when it would not benefit anyone to do so.  Just play your cards the best you can.  

Try to marry someone from another country, get citizenship that way, or a work visa, or find asylum somewhere else.  I think the UK gives asylum pretty easily if you're in danger of being beheaded because of your apostasy... 

I wish I could help more bro

Thank you all for your support and I apologize for my disappearance as I went and applied for Asylum here in Denmark (Sandholm) and I'm waiting for my first interview which will be in December. I've spoken with a couple of immigration officers and people from the Red Cross and I've heard mixed thoughts from them. Some said that my case is very easy, others said that it's difficult but winnable if sufficient material is provided. To be honest, I'm not very optimistic.

Thank you all once again.

Here's wishing you success! Good luck!

RSS

Forum

Sunday Disassembly

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer in Society. Last reply by Simon Paynton 49 minutes ago. 2 Replies

The Shinto Flower among the Weeds of Religion

Started by Cato Rigas in Advice. Last reply by Cato Rigas 1 hour ago. 5 Replies

Genesis 3 - Quality Propaganda

Started by Aiken Drums Sister in Politics 5 hours ago. 0 Replies

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Erock68la 5 hours ago. 43 Replies

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 1 Comment

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service