Evolution can not explain the existence of creationists, concedes D...

‘It’s a flaw in our argument, for sure,’ said Dawkins today. ‘By any reading of evolutionary theory, creationists ought to have died out ages ago. They serve no function in the planet’s ecosystem, and no other species has survived so long while in such fundamental disagreement with observable reality. If I wasn’t such an ardent believer in secular materialism, I’d wager this is really troubling Darwin in the afterlife.’

Priceless.

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Meanwhile Islamic countries are experiencing population booms.

It varies a lot, actually. At the moment fertility rates in Tunisia or Algeria are about 1.7 children/woman, less than France (about 2). The average fertility rate in Muslim-majority countries is only about 3 children/woman today, and declining:

Well that's good news indeed.
Doesn't evolution eventually get rid of what is inferior and is no longer needed?
It's true in a general sense, but not absolutely true. Think: atavism.
Does anyone know to what extent evolution effects intellect? I know that cognitive abilities that ensure our survival tend to be dominant but I really don't know how it applies to intellectual prowess, if it even does.
It is a well known fact that apes evolved from creationists.
Talk about a quantum leap!

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service