Do atheists generally believe euthanasia is a good idea? Is it a religious concept to let God decide who lives or dies, while making the healthcare system do everything possible to keep someone alive- astounding hypocrisy in my view...
When and where do you think it's a good thing to do? Eg. Could we open beds in nursing homes once patients have gone catatonic? My mother, a baby boomer, feels this is an inevitability with our rapidly aging population. I'm not so sure, seeing the give it your all methods used even in palliative care sometimes.

Views: 1421

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Probably twenty hydrocodones (Vicodin) would do it on their own, but chugging a half bottle of 80 proof bourbon, vodka, or whatever would make sure.

I'm not an expert, but I doubt you'd be conscious long enough to wish any tummy pain would go away. One thing: if you're worried about tummy pain, don't go the aspirin route. It takes a LOT of aspirin to kill a person, but barbiturates will definitely do the trick with a much smaller number of pills.

That was my concern. Intestinal tearing and what-have-you. Barbiturates, hydrocodones, and 80 proof. Sounds solid. Easier to get than a gun, makes less of a mess (more considerate)... just have to make sure I don't soil myself.

Dealing with soiled underwear, despite the stink, beats scraping your brains off the ceiling with a razor blade and empty tin can.

I'll still try to empty my bowls first just in case. For pride's sake. I mean I know I'll be non-existent, but I don't currently like the idea of my loved ones thinking I hadn't developed a contingency for "poo-pants". This might be a moot point, as by the time I'm old enough to consider this assisted suicide may be more common (hoping that's not wishful thinking).

I am a baby boomer, and I am for euthanasia. I am not into pain, and I will choose when I go, and it will be with dignity. That is my main thing, dignity. I have no fear of death, and I don't want anybody feeling sorry for me, and I am willing my body to a University, so would be doctors can cut me up :)

People will have a choice, legal or not. It has ti be planned, not involving my partner, so he doesn't get charged with murder, or whatever. Party first, lots of 70 and 80's music, lots of champers. Way to go.

When doctors know pain cannot always be controlled, I am out of here. And I am sure the overdoses of morphine, are to kill, but it is kept quiet.

RSS

Atheist Sites

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service