Yesterday I had two Mormon brothers knock on my door. I engaged in a very....very long porch conversation. I am looking for any further advice as to how to engage in a meaningful conversation to make them THINK about the flock they are following. Any ex-mo advice would be helpful. I know this is only the beginning and I am looking forward to the challenge. 

Views: 471

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wish you the best of luck! Many of those missionaries are very sweet young men and women (my younger brother is about to be one of them in July - in England!), and they can be great company. And to be fair, many young men (not so much women) go on missions simply because it's expected of them and they're trying to make the best of it, so having balanced religious discussions won't always be completely fruitless. I think you'll be able to tell those missionaries apart from the ones with the "I'm gonna get FIFTEEN baptisms this week!!!" outlook LOL.

Oh I don't even know. I think just whatever goals they set for themselves, and maybe a little more if their priesthood leader puts the pressure on them. They're thought to receive blessings both in this life and afterwards by doing "God's" work, but I think those blessings are just specific to the individual. Mormon missionaries pay entirely out of pocket for their mission trips, so other than the experience, they don't get much tangible benefit out of it.

RSS

Blog Posts

What do you do with the anger?

Posted by dataguy on September 20, 2014 at 5:12pm 1 Comment

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 3 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service