Elliot Rogers: Another Scary Shooting (May 24th)

I just found out that a shooting had occurred where several people were killed and several were injured. Elliot Rogers was a 22 year old man that was a gunman who committed these acts. He crashed his BMW and ended up shooting himself in the head. Come to find out, Elliot Rogers was the son of an assistant Director of the "Hunger Games". But I'm sort of confused if he's the one who really did it but the clues are all pointing in that direction.

Now my opinion about this is that this is a really sad and scary thing to happen. I found this news report  that has a video which was made by the gunner only hours before he began his shooting. Yet again, it reminds me of the Columbine Shooting where the gunners had a wealthy background but still had such an issue where they wanted blood. This is definitely creepy how he depicts himself in the video. You don't have to read the whole article but please check out the video at the bottom of my source. What makes a seemingly normal person do this? Mental illness? Abuse? Separation issues? Desperation?

http://guardianlv.com/2014/05/hunger-games-assistant-director-belie...

Tags: Shooting

Views: 933

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Also, the comments of this whole incident is very cringe-worthy because many people are blaming it all on the lack of prayer in school and demon possessions. The idea that people think that these are the reasons for why these events happen is almost as scary as the actual tragedy.

It is a sad and scary thing.  I shuddered a little when I read that the alleged reason for this act was that he felt he had been rejected by females.  I have been watching my daughter go through a slow, painful process of breaking up with her boyfriend, and I find myself worrying about her, and his, safety.  This is a good young man who made some scary statements about any future that didn't include her.  My daughter said, "He is losing it." 

He is an ex-Marine who has done some time in Afghanistan.  I completely respect him for this, but I worry that more and more, it seems, people who "lose it" take it out on others before they do themselves in.  Suicide just isn't enough any more, apparently. 

What saddens me is that because of the nature of life here in the U.S., that thought went through my head.  We would be defenseless if he came here in a desperate bid to end his pain over the breakup.  I even had the thought of buying a gun myself when I passed a gun shop yesterday, as if I could ever defend us against a Marine with combat experience. 

It used to be that breaking up was just hard to do, but now it feels dangerous to do too.  I don't know what the answer is, except for loving our own kids, family, and friends as best we can, and trying to better society in ways that might limit this desperation and hate that breeds the need for vengeance.

Yikes, Diane that is scary shit.  Hopefully nothing happens.

I'm sorry your daughter is facing this and you have to worry about what may happen. I hope things will get better over time and her ex-boyfriend will recover soon. :(

Get him some counseling. What is it with these pathetic fools who just can't get over a girl?

You got over me already? Say it isn't so!

Sounds like he might have other issues that complicate a healthy life-view.

Or get him a pet. I think I love my cat more than I loved any girlfriend.

...Men are afraid women will shun them. Women are afraid men will kill them.

Fatal Attraction- the movie. Roles are reversed. I know, it's a movie.

Very good comment there Robert, and sadly all too true

When should schoolbooks first tell students:

• of the 1-to-1.5 percent of adult males who exhibit sociopathic behaviors?
  • of the approx. 0.5 percent of adult females who exhibit such behaviors?
  • of the 20-to-25 percent of incarcerated adult males who exhibit such behaviors?
  • of how skillfully, and how successfully, they persuade others to believe them?

I met my first sociopath when I was in my mid-forties. He held a high elective office and one day his ability to tell me what I wanted to hear amazed me. I returned to my parked car not knowing if I had a knife in my back.

Weeks later I met a man who had worked in his campaign 20 years earlier and told me he didn't know how to explain the man's behavior. I then met the man's adult sister who told me she was very saddened by what happened to him.

Such people live among us and can seem so likable.

Their predatory gaze might be the first warning you get.

Wikipedia will tell you more.

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service