Egyptian President Khalil el-Sisi, 28 December 2015 at Al Azhar University, Cairo. "Islam is being lost by our own hands."

I thought by now this would have been posted on many forums.  It’s interesting that it hasn’t.  The first time I saw video of it was Tuesday 6 January 2015 at memri.org  The first US airing was the evening of 7 January on Fox News. 

NPR radio, PBS has not covered it.  I’ve not seen it on MSNBC or CNN but then I can’t watch all the channels.  Here we have the first sign of a credible moderating force in the Islamic world and it gets almost no attention. Watch the video and pay attention at the end when it shows the reaction and applause of the audience. 

Alternate translation of  the speech by

Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Saeed Hussein Khalil el-Sisi,

28 December 2015 at Al Azhar University, Cairo.

The video from memri.org

I am speaking here to the religious clerics.  

We have to think hard about what we are facing—and I have, in fact, spoke of this a couple of times before.  It’s inconceivable that the thinking that we hold most sacred should cause the entire Islamic world to be a source of anxiety, danger, killing and destruction for the rest of the world.  Impossible!

That thinking—I am not saying “religion” but “thinking”—that corpus of texts and ideas that we have sacralized over the years, to the point that departing from them has become almost impossible, is antagonizing the entire world.  It’s antagonizing the entire world!

Is it possible that 1.6 billion Muslims should want to kill the rest of the world’s inhabitants—that is 7 billion—so that they themselves may live? Impossible!

I am saying these words here at Al Azhar University, before this assembly of scholars — Allah Almighty be witness to your truth on Judgment Day concerning that which I’m talking about now.

All this that I am telling you, you cannot feel it if you remain trapped within this mindset. You need to step outside of yourselves to be able to observe it and reflect on it from a more enlightened perspective.

I say and repeat again that we are in need of a religious revolution. You, imams, are responsible before Allah. The entire world, I say it again, the entire world is waiting for your next move… because the Muslim world is being torn, it is being destroyed, it is being lost—and it is being lost by our own hands. 

The fact that this speech is getting virtually no attention may say a lot about some things.  His words as a leader in the Islamic world undermines the narrative of many news sources trying to paint a picture of Islam that is based in fiction.  It also undermines the position of the Obama Whitehouse that will not even talk about Islamic extremists. 

President el-Sisi put his life on the line to make that speech.  If you looked at the faces of some of the clerics in the audience you can see they were not pleased.  His chances of assassination have skyrocketed and you can be sure there will be celebrations if it happens.

Views: 291

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He's a brave man. Let's hope he doesn't follow in the footsteps of Salmaan Taseer, the governor of Punjab who was assassinated by his own security guard who disagreed with his opposition of Pakastani blasphemy laws.

Here's a F**ktard Egyptian cleric on this past Friday, January 10th talking about the murders at Charlie Hebdo.

Obviously he wasn't impressed with the words from his president.

January 6th 2015 el-Sisi went to a church full of Egyptian Coptic Christians during their Christmas mass.  Somehow I doubt he will ever get this type of reception in any mosque. 

The man is definitely charismatic....... and brave.

And on the other end of the issue.......

The Moroccan born mayor of Rotterdam made a statement yesterday to Muslims unhappy with freedom of speech.

Here's the translation that was picked up for most news programs....

NOW HERE'S WHAT HE REALLY SAID....  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah  that really does qualify as 

Unambiguous Advice To Muslim Immigrants

There is never any point trying to appeal to the moderates when the fundamentalists are holding power. So it is very brave of him to basically ask them to look in the mirror and to address the issue of extremism, especially when many do not see it as extremism but rather as their raison d’etre.

There are even hints of moderation coming from Saudi Arabia!

Yeah Reg...  people like that need to be hauled out and saved from the rest as fast as they are brave enough to speak up...   I just emailed his name  -- Ahmad Aziz Al Ghamdi -- to a Saudi "refugee" here in the US to ask him for info on him.  No history on him shows up on the internet.  He might be soft about women wearing naqibs but if he's been head of the Saudi morality police it's not likely he's moderate about too many things.  

Don't be too optimistic about him. 

On another link, I did find words he said that will be hard for most westerners to reall comprehend as long as they deal with islam through a western persective...  he said,

"If my tribe disowns me then I don’t want to belong to a tribe that is ignorant of its religion."

People in Europe and the US have no context to understand TRIBE.  They cannot comprehend that Islam's entire ideology is founded in 7th century bedouin tribalism that has not changed in over 1400 years.

I had sort of become friendly with an Iranian guy; we were in a lot of the same electrical engineering classes. One day he got caught cheating on a test and was expelled from the course. I asked him why he had cheated, and he said he wasn't cheating according to the Koran. He explained that the entire school is composed of heathens and he was in the right to cheat, no... it was his duty to cheat. I never really talked to him again and I learned a little something about his culture.

hahahaha!  Robert that type crap is everywhere in their culture around nonbelievers.  To him that made perfect sense.  You see, he was indoctrinated to believe that we as nonbelievers are subhumans and he's greater than us. In his mind HE was doing your class a favor by being in it. YES... it is his duty according to Islam to cheat all nonbelievers. 

That part of their ideology comes direct from the mouth of Big Mo himself -- I mean as a direct command from Allah to cheat and deceive nonbelievers.  Taqiyyah is about lying in order to advance Islam and lying to or about nonbelievers to take advantage of them.  Kitman is about deceiving nonbelievers in order to gain their trust in order to rob or do harm.

In Afghanistan they would constantly lie to Afghani officials about us killing their goats with our urine in their water, stealing their money in the night, sending hail to kill their crops. 

@Virgil, I know you may want to say this is non of my business, but I am definitely disturbed by your picture. Maybe I am stereotyped , I find it difficult to marry sense with a person looking like that.  

it is a picture.

Looking the picture next to your name I see a tiny black man with no eyes.  

Is my perception of you correct?  

I have been covering a story in Sunday School for about a year. Here is a link from this weeks (Jan 11th).

Raif Badawi remained silent and did not cry out. I suspect his daughter reacted differently.

That video was moving Reg. What an amazing story of strength. His daughter is an amazing little girl.

@ Virgil, I too am disappointed of the lack of response, wtf! I don't think it will get any attention until it produces a measurable change.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service