"Each to their own" or “I’m not interested, please leave me alone”

I have no issues with someone having a religion. But that doesn't mean that I want to be a part of it or need to be “saved” because I don't believe in a god.

I wasn’t able to find a discussion post about "Each to their own" maybe this topic post should be titled “I’m not interested, please leave me alone”.

Are there any polite ways to say “I’m not interested, please leave me alone”?

Tags: atheists, religion

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Didn't I see you burning a church off the Lloyd?
It may be that we have to be more comfortable with our disbelief amongst all the family and peer pressure around us in order to cope with their preaching. If I mention I'm atheist I'm proud about it, I can defend the position well and often like the debates. In the end you can just say 'Well I appreciate your concern, but if you can't answer my questions I can't sign up', and you can even cover the 'just have faith' argument by asking why they don't just have faith in Krishna or some other god. Why just theirs? It's very rare that I won't feel like discussing it, more the other way round when I press them for answers!
I just mention Richard Dawkins. That seems to do the trick.
Please, keep your delusions to yourself, or take them to someone as credulous as you.
*Insider knowledge* If you don't want Jehovah's Witnesses calling on your door, clearly tell them not to and by law they have to mark you down as a DNC (Do Not Call). You should get a few years peace before they test the water again to check if you've moved or changed your mind. Might work for the other religions too, I'm not sure.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Torture Works

Started by Unseen in Ethics & Morals. Last reply by Davis Goodman 3 minutes ago. 25 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service