If China's growth is subsidized at all, it's surely subsidized by the amount of goods we buy from them.

But they are a growing competitor with the United States and clearly want to control Asia and the Pacific.

Meanwhile, we have a border problem with Mexico, another country with a lot of impoverished citizens. If we're going to do a lot of trade with a country, Mexico makes a lot more sense than China. Improving their economy could eventually totally eliminate the problem of undocumented "illegal" workers coming across the border for work.

Yet, I hear neither candidate promoting this idea? Why don't they?

Tags: Mexico, international, trade

Views: 571

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Or, as the lion said to the leopard, "Let us prey --"

I suspect that is because they - to their detriment - have not chosen to employ you as their advisor.

Actually Obama was working in that direction I believe, general systems theory is getting more and more well known even at the street level. The president is I believe a systems thinker. Because someone draws an imaginary line on the ground, calls it a boundary/boarder does not mean it is an independent system, all systems are open system, and helping Mexico is not a selfless act, but could only be in the interest of all parties concerned, Your suggestion connotes systems thinking.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Things you hate.

Started by Devlin Cuite in Small Talk. Last reply by Gregg R Thomas 18 minutes ago. 93 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service