Does it make you angry when someone of faith tells you they'll pray for you? I find it insulting. Some others do not, though, as some see this as an expression of gratitude. 

What do you think?

Views: 496

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

praying makes things worse for the person you pray for. 

So yeah i would be pretty offended if they wished ill willed against yahweh.

I'm not easily offended to begin with. Even though, I know it doesn'y do anything, I usually ignore it. I think it's something theists like to say, but I believe very few actually do it. Either way it has no affect on me. Too many people these days are too easily offended. If it doesn't affect me, why should I let it bother me.

I always feel like responding, why don't you do some thing useful instead, but I don't. For the most part they mean well, depends on they context of the conversation.

Just tell them you'd rather have money, if they're insistent (obviously they didn't get the point) then say "OK then, (sigh) I'll take the blow-job."

That should take you off their pray list. :D

Why should it bother you? It does not actually do anything apart from waste the time of the person praying and makes them feel better about themselves.  What's not to like?

It does not actually do anything apart from waste the time of the person praying

In case you guys haven't noticed, nobody is praying.

"I'll pray for you" is a euphemism for "FUCK YOU! I HOPE YOU BURN YOU ATHEIST ASSHOLE!"

Obviously they can't say that, so they have to act pious.

RSS

Blog Posts

What do you do with the anger?

Posted by dataguy on September 20, 2014 at 5:12pm 6 Comments

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 6 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service