I know that the ones who are against same sex marriage are almost exlusively religious people, is there anyone who is against it? If so, why?

Views: 411

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No I do not and I'll just leave it at that.

Did someone say it's okay for any couple to marry including if a person wants to marry a donkey? Sorry but marriage is for 'consenting adults' in my humble opinion and until we can be sure the donkey is giving consent I can't bring myself to agree with that one...  yet, needs a bit more research me thinks lol

What happened to separation of church and state - equality for all, and all of that. It should be a given, not personal bias one way or the other.

People run out of excuses, so bring in donkeys!!!  It is beyond me how anybody thinks these things up :( 

People who are against same sex marriage, should find out, just like religion, where did it come from.

The giving away of a daughter to unite families, still happens by the way in some cultures. Where does the concept of Best Man, Groomsmen, Bridesmaids come from, why is it the father who gives away the daughter, why, even twenty years ago, the wife was called Mrs. Fred Flange, with her identity completely  obscured by the husband, why do western women carry flowers, why do brides wear white.

When did religion get involved on something that was tribal and why.

It all has evolved into the marriage ceremony of today - take away plush weddings with all the accoutrements - marriage would all but disappear.

Tell a would be bride, nope, no big wedding, you would hear her weeping and wailing. It is all just fashion of the day - and it will now include same sex weddings.

I would like to be adopted by Ricky Martin :) or Penny Wong, an Australian Finance Minister and Senator.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/baby-bonus-finance-minister-welcomes...

Honestly, I don't think that anyone should be against same sex marriage. If you are against same sex marriage why aren't you against heterosexual marriage?
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k8mWXofb-fo

Watch this, it is funny and informative.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service