...how does one start a Whole New Congress Movement? We could start with rallies in or marches to the public squares of major cities all asking people to commit to throw their Senators and Representatives out of office in the next election.

We need to throw a scare into our Senators and Representatives.

Tags: Congressmen, Senators

Views: 1805

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Twenty years seems a bit too often. But it's well over 200 and our government isn't working properly so it does very much seem time.

Hey, I'm just passing on what he told me --

Well but they seem intent on giving us a crisis every few months, so we may not find it easy to forget.

I personally hope that when campaigns kick in next Fall, that there are plenty of Democrats around to voice their reminders.

As long as the Tea Party people are in office, I think they'll be Obama's "gift that keeps on giving."

The photo caption is missing:

"Okay, Democrats! Line up and we'll all lick the sweet, sweet tears off of Speaker Boehner's face!"

Austerity! Small government! All across America! ...except in my state.

Shutdown Deal Includes Nearly $3 Billion For Kentucky Dam Project (source)

"A deal to reopen the government and avert a debt default also includes language authorizing more than $2.8 billion in funding for a locks and dam project championed in the past by Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell. The provision would steer $2.918 billion in funding to the Army Corps of Engineers for the Olmsted dam and lock project on the Ohio River, and would benefit Kentucky, Tennessee, and Illinois."

Proof the President needs the line item veto.

Congratulations, Tea Party. In the midst of Obamacare’s glitch-ridden debut, you did the one thing that could make us love our government: You took it away and held it hostage. Don’t expect any thanks from the president you helped.

That's the last paragraph of a very interesting article about how much the shutdown will benefit Obama in the remainder of his second term.

Your good friend and mine, Crazy Ted Cruz is at it again --

U.S. Senator Cruz blocks confirmation of new FCC chairman

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican Senator Ted Cruz, a conservative whose defiant stand against Obamacare helped prompt the U.S. government shutdown, has blocked the Senate from voting on the nomination of Tom Wheeler to be Federal Communications Commission chairman.

The Senate was scheduled to vote on Wheeler, a Democrat and telecom industry veteran, late on Wednesday. Cruz held up the vote over questions about the FCC's power to enforce disclosures of who sponsors political television advertising.

"The Senator is holding the nominee until he gets answers to his questions regarding Mr. Wheeler's views on whether the FCC has the authority or intent to implement the requirements of the failed Congressional DISCLOSE Act," said Cruz spokesman Sean Rushton, referring to a failed bill meant to step up political disclosures.

This time, he wants the FCC to promise they won't disclose who is contributing to whose campaign - what do you suppose he's afraid for?

RSS

Blog Posts

My Dad and the Communist Spies

Posted by Brad Snowder on August 20, 2014 at 2:39pm 0 Comments

Breaking Free

Posted by A. T. Heist on August 20, 2014 at 9:56am 4 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service