Does Anybody Watch the Ancient Aliens TV Series on History Channel?

It's this show about how all of the religions in the world were speaking metaphorically about how God/s were actually extraterrestrial beings that have enslaved the human civilization, and have manipulated our genome "in their image". I'm not sure what to make of this... check this out:

http://www.history.com/shows/ancient-aliens/videos/playlists/season...

What do you think???

Views: 285

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good point and well stated.
I agree as well!
I've seen a couple episodes. last one was the one about deluge-scale disasters and it cited the bible and 2012 numerous times. I got more angry  than I usually do when I watch the Office.
Sadly, most Americans receive what passes for "science" on commercial TV, where the producers of shows do not care a bit about truth; their only motivation is market share.  And, since science instruction in American schools is so woefully and shamefully inadequate, there is little to counter the paranormal nonsense that pours from the popular media.

Very well said.  Unfortunately, I think this strongly applies to the ability of creationists to keep refuting reality.  Although these shows are about aliens, the propagate the view that science is a huge ship with nobody at the helm - with huge, unyielding inertia unchecked by any watchful eyes.  If your entire education came from one of these shows you would think that archeologists literally destroy artifacts that they don't understand and science is riddled with mysteries that terrify most researchers.

I do find those shows incredibly entertaining - but I guess they really do have a dark side.

Speaking of the inability of americans to think critically about what they see on TV, and the History Channel especially, have you seen what passes as adequate programming on the Canadian version of History Television? Ice Road Truckers and a number of series and specials involving Nostradamus, 2012, and the Apocalypse.
I did not know that there was a Canadian version of History Television.  When I do watch television and want Canadian content I usually look for CBC.

I did not know that anyone watched CBC except for Republic of Doyle. lol

but yeah, Most of History's programming has nothing to do with history and is often geared toward these stupid new documentary shows and stuff about the end of the world.

I should point out that if in some of my posts I seem critical of 'american' literacy or behavior, I typically include Canada in there was well.  When I switch to criticizing U.S. foreign policy, I typically us "U.S." and United States instead of 'american'.
noted, but when it comes to the overly religious, I only know of one example independent of his parents in this country. Everyone else is religious only because they were raised in it and they dont give it much of a second thought.

RSS

Atheist Sites

Forum

Parents: help?

Started by Lee in Advice. Last reply by Lee 5 minutes ago. 1 Reply

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Gary Clouse 40 minutes ago. 69 Replies

Analyzing Ferguson

Started by Unseen in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Unseen 22 hours ago. 11 Replies

Blog Posts

In Avoidance of Anger

Posted by Pope Beanie on November 27, 2014 at 4:59pm 0 Comments

The plane that never crashed

Posted by Brazillian atheist on November 27, 2014 at 12:17pm 1 Comment

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service