Do you think they fear that we do have the upper hand when it comes to logic and maybe in the back of their minds they know we are right and can't look that fact in the eye?    Do we stir up the guilt they are already suppressing anyway?  

I think they really see us as a threat to their way of life and I really think the ugly stuff is just beginning.  Its going to get worse as our numbers go up and theirs go down.   I can almost feel the tension when I see the Orielly's and Beck's on the news having hissy fits about something a non-theist might do or say.  Just the fact that Obama dared to include non-believers in his speech caused an uproar.  They have so far been pretending we don't exist, but are faced to acknowledge our existence and this, I think, is starting to frighten them.

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We are threatening what's holy to them.They just want to be left alone in their delusion..they have been taught in churches,homes to affirm it's true..you see it everywhere they just make it official that it's true and they just trow out the same foolish meaningless questions everywhere like a verbal diarrhea..I think they feel that we are rebellious and out of control really..like we don't have self restrained or something..I really hope Obama is an atheist..i have a hard time believing Obama sincerely believe in a personal God the god from the bible.Yea you can feel the tension everywhere really..not just in America even where im from(Norway)..Interesting to see the evolution!
When an idea is not supported by any valid evidence, that forms genuine trust, it is up to them to have faith in it. Cognitive dissonance is created inside his mind. The evidence does not support the concept. Atheists are just the best at pointing out the obvious.

A believer doesn't like when someone is ruining their personal world into pieces.

Also, a lot of unjustified fear motivators ( hell, devil, end of the world, death, non-existence/oblivion, pain ) and unjustified positive ( infinite life after death, infinite love, infinite pleasures, perfection, infinite time, infinity ). Those are unjustified because they are on 'debt'. You have to get them when you die. Whoops. A bad time to receive your reward isn't it?

RSS

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 4 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service