When watching debates and interviews with atheists i always agree with them. However they tend to say that if you believe in god(s) you are stupid or that religion is "idiotic". Now i certainly agree that religion can be harmful, religious institutions are not always a force for good. But telling someone of faith so bluntly that they are wrong and in such a harsh way, surely that would only distance them from the idea of becoming non-religious or atheist. There are intelligent people who are theist and everyone has had moments in their life were an all knowing, kindly and loving god looks quite appeasing. Maybe instead of insulting them we should show that we understand where they are coming from and that we see their point, and slip in words like "however you must admit that..." or "the evidence is overwhelming..." so that it doesn't seem as though we see ourselves as being on some sort of higher ground. Then maybe they would be more comfortable and more open to new ways of thinking and ideas rather then being angry and constantly being on the defense or attacking.

Tags: atheists, debates, theists

Views: 436

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am so sorry to have hurt your tender candy-covered little christian feelings.  Pray for me.

There is no "rational argument" for your ignorance.  No deluded jewish asshole died for MY sins, get it? 

My hatred is a rare and beautiful flower.

You can hate people and certain philosophies, I do not really care. I also do not care if you do like green eggs and ham.

You, my friend, are not a 'beautiful flower', but a flower which is too ignorant, naive and obnoxious to understand the other side.

Good for you!

Keep believing your useless fantasies.   YOU are the one who bought that BIG LIE. You should be ashamed for having been so naive.

Look!  A Saviour!

Your opinion does not matter. I wipe my ass with your "faith".

The big lie?

Here are some sites which educated you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaphysics

To use Socrates's analogy; you should get out of the cave!

Internet will not allow me to fix my typo! 

"Here are some sites which may help you:"

I do not mean 'educate' as I am sure you a very educated person.

Believe your little heart out.  I am not burdened by your cheap little superstitions.  I will never need the garbage you are peddling.

Obviously,  you are NOT an educated person.

You give atheists a bad name!
Thank you!  It's a gift!

Perhaps. 

I know that YOUR life would be a lot simpler if I cared what you thought of me.  I could give a shit.

One word emotionalism.  I saw this on a televised crusade one time. 

Anachro1 says,

There is no "rational argument" for your ignorance

No deluded jewish asshole died for MY sins, get it?

Gee I wonder why someone wouldn't listen to YOUR rational argument.  You may want to consider counseling to deal with these issues.

Feel better, sweetie?

Fundamentalists, evangelicals, and hateful, judgmental religious "people" are f'ing stupid and deserve contempt for all the ignorance they inflict on children and the world.

Religious people who keep it to themselves and can think beyond their ideology may just be ignorant, but I don't view their beliefs with contempt. I may even respect them in other areas of their lives, such as their professional life.

There are no theist views I respect.

RSS

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 4 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service