Just this new commercial "Child of the 90s". Boy does time go by fast or what. Now that I am all grown up, it seems the best times in life were most from my childhood. It would be pretty awesome to take a time machine and go back to the past and see yourself from the outside in. One thing for sure, life was so simple and innocent back then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gNJKxMFA...!

Views: 453

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I remember all of these things! lol I miss a lot from my childhood. I remember many things from it. The ice cream trucks coming by in the summer, grandpa setting up a swing set in the backyard, spending summer nights catching fireflies, trying to build snow forts in winter, being so excited over seeing boot prints made with snow coming from the front door to the Christmas tree (my dad was in the army and used a pair of combat boots for this), playing on the NES and Sega Genesis a ton, and so much more. Things were so much easier back then. Thanks a lot, now you've got me feeling old! :P

lol yea I know what you mean. Things were worry free back then. Lot of concepts, hatred, violence, racism, discrimination and other negative things were not really known. Most of the time we all just wanted to go play outside in the playground without our friends and all

I don't miss being a child, though I am fond of many childhood memories. As a kid, everyone tries to make you follow, but my whole life I've neither been a leader nor a follower. I just want space to do my thing. On balance, I largely felt limited and restrained from what I wanted to be doing. School, in particular, was like a lead weight on learning and exploration. From roughly grade four to the end of high school was pure frustration with the exception of a few demanding teachers who actually pushed me. Legally mandated waste of time, and no one really takes you seriously as a child when you state that the situation is an unjustified imposition on your life.

That's not a rant against public education or teachers though. Not going to go into it in this post. The point is, I am perpetually glad it's over and done with. 

NO!!!! In my mid-30s a friend asked if I wanted to live my life over. "Without the first 25 years, yes."

I enjoyed happy times with neighborhood kids. I feared and hated the violence at home and grew up angry. The government sent me to the Korean War. I returned, started college, and threw my parents and their Catholicism from my life. I later settled with my parents, who'd meant well but who themselves had known violence. I finished college, found work I liked that paid well, and had a short, happy marriage. In the 1970s I achieved recognition in politics. I'm now enjoying a most happy retirement, laughing when I tell people I had PTSD before I went to a war. I'm in my early 80s and in good health. S'wonderful!!!

Someday, the law will see what happens in Catholic schools and maybe all religious schools as child abuse.

Nooooo. But I'd do it again if I could retain my knowledge of what would be to come.

Also so I could watch Captain Planet. And wear rad pants with squiggly colors. And so I could use the word "rad." And "jawsome" for some reason.

Nope, not one bit.

Nope, my childhood was the worse time of my life.

dang why? If you don't mind me asking.

I had a neglectful and emotionally (possibly sexually) abusive biological father and I was clearly gay but under the impression there must be something wrong with that. I couldn't tell my friends and they couldn't understand.

wow sorry to hear that. Hopefully everything is working out for you now

He died when I was 8, and I came out when I was 15. Things have been much better.

Nope, not in the least. My parents were self absorbed narscistic individuals who should never have been allowed to reproduce. I left home to go into officer school and the day i did both they and I were much happier for it. Happily two years later I met a woman who showed me how families should function so that I am equiped to help our children have happy childhoods. Re live my own, NEVER

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 4 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 13 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service