(NSFW) Do you find this girl attractive? Why or why not?

You may or may not know this but I am 100% bi-sexual. Me and a girlfriend of mine got into a debate about what is pretty and what is not. So as I often say now, "OFF TO THINK ATHEIST INTERWEBS TO ASK RATIONAL PEOPLE!"

So here I am with a few questions:

1. What turns you on about this girl?
  2. What turns you off about this girl?
  3. Why is this girl considered beautiful?
  4. Is this girl beautiful?
  5. Does the notion of her breasts being covered make you more attracted because you know she is naked in the (NSFW) *Not Safe For Work*unaltered picture(NSFW)
  6. Did you click on the NSFW picture? Why or why not? 
  7. Be honest if you clicked on it or not! 

I will be at work most of the day but I will be able to read most of your responses on my phone. 

Tags: beauty

Views: 8188

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tough question. It's difficult to say. I'm not sure if it would or not, though it would subtract from the air that she's trying very hard to meet some imaginary model of perfect somewhat - I can't fault her for it if she was born that way after all. That still doesn't make the things that I see as ... unnatural from seeming such though. It would be very interesting (and overall a positive to my overall opinion of her, perhaps) if I found out she wasn't a "plastic person" afterall.

Of course, that's certainly not the case here is it? :)

"She's plastic" never really entered my head when considering her attractiveness.

I'm pretty sure my opinion wouldn't change at all, though I'd still wonder about her lips, which don't look right.

If she naturally appeared like all of the countless glamorized, homoginized women present in the media, I would still searching for something deeper, something to make her seem like an individual.  I am unmoved by this expression of beauty, although I can clinically identify it as attractive. 

I did not base my opinion on knowing if the girls features were natural; however, my opinion was influenced on knowing that she was dressed(or lacking dress) for a shoot and posing for one. So if I was walking down the beach and saw a girl posing that way at me with her top off First I would be looking around for hidden cameras. Second I would think there was something wrong with the poor girl and I would want to help her. And yes I would be totally checking out her boobs but trying to show it.

Simple, I wouldn't believe the claim. It would only affect my opinion on the person who would try to sell me such misinformation.

In all honesty the first thing (and usually is) I noticed were her eyes. Eyes can tell you alot about something/someone.

Unfortunately I'm human, so the second part, (the body) is nice too. In all honesty however, I can't tell you if I would find her attractive as I value intellect above any of the aformentioned things.

i'm bi-sexual as well.

1) turn on: hair

2) turn off: body, face

3) she's considered beautiful by society because she's photoshopped.

4) i think she'd be beautiful without makeup

5) nipples or not, i still don't find her attractive

6) yes i did because it's there & i can

everyone has different tastes tho.

For one, that black mark across her boobs is very unflattering. Secondly, I always thought the supermodel type girls were so pretty that they all looked the same and ended up looking average to me. That answers one and two.

She is beautiful by definition. I learned fairly recently that there is actually a science to attraction (you can look it up because there is a lot to it). She is attractive to the t. Like I said, she is too perfect and ends up looking completely average in a sea of models. To answer 5, 6, and 7; you can already know what her breasts look like. Her nipples aren't going to be any different than any other airbrushed supermodel you've seen. Yes I did click to confirm my statement.

I think it's important that the community go "off topic" sometimes. You can't build a real relationship with other people based only on one thing you have in common. I'm here to make friends and enjoy myself. 

I object.  I want Sophie to continue asking us rational people what we think about these pictures. :)

welcome to the forum, Jackie.  This is a site FOR Atheists, not ABOUT atheism.  It just so happens that many topics are about religion and rational discussions. 

But think about it - This type of post would maybe not even get accepted on a Christian forum.  I mean , I could be wrong.  

So the forum itself isn't 'off topic' to this degree, but there are many things about politics, social matters, etc that still have a connection to religion that is discussed.  

Stick around, you might like it here.  

You're not alone.  Upon seeing the topic, I immediately thought, "Relevance?"  Seems pretty random.  Then I thought, "Oh, joy! Another post where we evaluate the image of a woman.  Nuuurrrp, the atheist community is completely perfect; it has nothing to gain from exploring feminism.  This isn't alienating at all."  Upon investigation of the post, I am still questioning the point of this exercise.

RSS

Blog Posts

What do you do with the anger?

Posted by dataguy on September 20, 2014 at 5:12pm 6 Comments

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 6 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service