(NSFW) Do you find this girl attractive? Why or why not?

You may or may not know this but I am 100% bi-sexual. Me and a girlfriend of mine got into a debate about what is pretty and what is not. So as I often say now, "OFF TO THINK ATHEIST INTERWEBS TO ASK RATIONAL PEOPLE!"

So here I am with a few questions:

1. What turns you on about this girl?
  2. What turns you off about this girl?
  3. Why is this girl considered beautiful?
  4. Is this girl beautiful?
  5. Does the notion of her breasts being covered make you more attracted because you know she is naked in the (NSFW) *Not Safe For Work*unaltered picture(NSFW)
  6. Did you click on the NSFW picture? Why or why not? 
  7. Be honest if you clicked on it or not! 

I will be at work most of the day but I will be able to read most of your responses on my phone. 

Tags: beauty

Views: 8656

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1) What turns you on about this girl? Pretty eyes.

2) What turns you off about this girl? The turn-offs are mostly the photo, not the girl. The photoshopping others have mentioned, for example. The duck-lips and the mammoplasty however are kind of repellent. Also, those bracelets! Ack, drop maybe 15 of them, woman!

3) Why is this girl considered beautiful? She isn't, to me at least. To others, hell if I know.

4)Is this girl beautiful? See #4

5)Does the notion of her breasts being covered make you more attracted because you know she is naked in the (NSFW) *Not     Safe For Work*unaltered picture(NSFW) No

6)Did you click on the NSFW picture? Why or why not? Yes. Well, why not? I don't really like censorship of any kind, anyway.

7)Be honest if you clicked on it or not! I was.

And just for full disclosure, I'm gay though I suppose "bi-curious", but from a different direction than most who use that word.

Incidentally, I had to copy and paste the questions into notepad then back into this edit box because text after the links disappearing for some mysterious javascript reason.

@Cecelia   I do not think that it is WORK to enjoy healthy food and enjoy moving my body at all.

Here's your pat on the head, but realize that you represent yourself and whatever slice of the pie feels the same way you do. I'm quite aware that there are many views, of which yours is but one.

Also, a person can maintain a "healthy" weight (whatever that means) and still not  actually be healthy because they eat a crap diet, don't exercise, smoke etc

Duh!

yet the fat person who adheres to a healthy lifestyle is judged (or pitied or fretted over) while the thinner person who adheres to a crap lifestyle gets a pass.

I don't think the majority of experts hold that a really healthy lifestyle can result in a healthy fat person in the majority of cases. If that were in fact the established science, it would be such good news it would be sung from the rooftops by fat people. I don't think that book you are touting represents the mainstream  science. Whatever one believes (or wants to believe) it's always possible to find experts who hold the minority view. Look at the issue of global warming, for example.

Well, you also can't be healthy if you eat crap all the time and never exercise, regardless of your weight.   Any doctor worth his or her salt will understand that being sedentary is in and of itself a risk factor for poor health outcomes.  Maintaining a "normal" weight is not a "get out of jail free card."

I think you'd have to actually read "Health At Every Size" before you pass judgment on whether or not it "represents mainstream science."   But that's just me.  And if you can't do that you could at least read the New York Times article from the Sunday magazine (15th of January).  http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/01/magazine/tara-parker-pope-fat-tra...    

And as for fat people singing from the rooftops.  First, no one actually wants to be fat*.  Second, the weight loss industry is huge ($46 billion worth of huge) and depends on perpetuating the idea that fat = bad.  So, even if the fat people were to sing from the rooftops the noise the industry puts out there would drown them out.  

*And, unfortunately, we don't actually  have a real standard for what that even means so the default is that someone is fat if they don't conform to the cultural ideal.  I recently re-watched "Love Actually" and was so surprised that they kept referring to Hugh Grant's love interest as "chubby"!!  And, "plus" size models on agency books are anywhere from a size 6 to a size 14 (size 6 = plus, seriously???)

http://plus-model-mag.com/2012/01/plus-size-bodies-what-is-wrong-wi...

Whenever someone who is taking a view contrary to the mainstream tells me to read a book, I know it's a book they discovered which affirms their deeply-held beliefs. Key word there, BELIEFS.

You can't be serious.  Take a look at what you wrote and ask yourself: "Do I really want to advocate for never challenging mainstream beliefs?  On an atheist website?"  Seriously?

Wow! Strawman much? No, I'm saying that if something is true, it will make its way into the mainstream. I'm not qualified to judge if what the book says is true, so for now I'll believe what the mainstream experts seem to be saying. Any research I did would be about as relevant as reading books about quantum physics and deciding based on a book written by a minority researcher that quantum theory is hogwash. I'm simply unqualified to agree or disagree with such a notion.

Actually, what you are doing is like the creationists who base their belief that evolution is wrong based on a books written by a few (very few) Christian scientists.

No matter how much you blame advertising, the culture, the weight loss industry. You are still ultimately responsible for your health.

You can choose to believe that it is healthy to be obese. This goes against a lot of popular theory that has not been well tested to assign cause and effect. But know that a lot of people equate people within a certain BMI of being a lot more likely to be healthy than those outside the range. 

We are one of the fattest countries in the world. Not because of the images or the conspiracy that we make people fat so they buy gym memberships. The reason is that our diets are that bad. Its not how much we eat but what we eat. They feed our children shit in schools. The USDA and FDA lack impartiality. Our nutritional standards are based on politics not science. 

As a (former) Chef, As a person who wakes up every morning worried about the quality of his food. As a person who very much cares about the health of others and how that relates to nutrition. Try to eat better. These are the rules I follow. There by no means right.

Dont eat any processed foods(especially ones with indigestible polysaccharides xantham guar gums etc) This means you have to read the label on everything.

Don't buy the cheapest food, because its cheap. Produce/meat/dairy etc are mostly produced for yield and not nutritional quality. There is an inverse correlation between what you spend in the grocery store to what you spend at the doctors office. Nutritional science is incomplete don't believe health claims.

Do not eat grains as a staple in your diet. instead replace grains with fruit and vegetables and when you do eat grains, eat only whole grains. 

Eat less meat, not because meat is bad for you but the way meat is produced is drastically different than how it was produced or gathered before. 

My best friend who weighed about 400+ lbs 2 and al half years ago has lost over 200lbs and counting by follow similar rules in the diet. 

You want to help people feel better, educate them on what is a healthy diet and what is not. Dont hide pictures of the ideal might be. 

I don't know that anyone is saying thin people can't be unhealthy or that all obese people are equally unhealthy.  But Unseen is correct in stating that healthy diets and lifestyles do not breed obesity, by and large (no pun intended).

Really, stating that there is a "normal" weight that would be applicable to all is probably the crux of the debate here.  And I think we can all agree that what is considered normal for an individual must take into account many variables regarding that individual.

Comparing this to the issue of global warming is apt, just not for the reason you think it is.  It is apt because it illustrates the principle of cui bonum  (who benefits) or as Deep Throat said - follow the money.  

"follow the money"

And in which direction would you like us to follow the money in this case?

1) She has pretty eyes, hair, skin tone. These three features compliment each other rather well (at least, as far as this picture is concerned).

2) I think she looks fairly generic. I could look through 10 magazines, all of which would have a girl that looked very similar to this girl...posing in a similar/stereotypical "sexy" way. She doesn't stir my imagination much. I assume (and could quite possibly be very wrong) that she's an idiot. Either that, or she's smart enough to (possibly) maintain a very private life few know about all the while doing photo sessions like this for coin.

3) I'd assume most would find her attractive because of the make up (which could be why her eyes appear to be so pretty). She's skinny.and (seemingly) predictable. Has a slight "exotic" look most men seem to be turned on by.

4) I'd be lying if I said I didn't find her attractive...at least on a physical level. That said, I don't have a specific "type" I go for when it comes to what I find attractive (it varies from girl to girl). Also, this isn't the sort of girl I'd be interested in talking to if I ran into her in public. Again, she seems very generic which is definitely something I do not go for.

5) I know what tits look like..the fact that they are covered doesn't effect me in any sort of way.

6) No. Why? Because I feel no reason to. Seeing her boobs wouldn't make me find her any more or less attractive than what I already do.

7) I'm being honest.

re? Why or why not?

Unseen.. why didn't he believe you could lose 50 lbs?

RSS

Forum

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by Erock68la 30 minutes ago. 7 Replies

Why do we tolerate this?

Started by Belle Rose in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Erock68la 49 minutes ago. 22 Replies

Ear-piercing a baby

Started by Simon Mathews in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by Davis Goodman 1 hour ago. 2 Replies

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Erock68la 5 hours ago. 201 Replies

Blog Posts

Pabst Blue Ribbon to the rescue!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 9:33pm 0 Comments

Finally, a cool billboard in Arkansas!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 8:21am 2 Comments

Atheist Sites

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service