(NSFW) Do you find this girl attractive? Why or why not?

You may or may not know this but I am 100% bi-sexual. Me and a girlfriend of mine got into a debate about what is pretty and what is not. So as I often say now, "OFF TO THINK ATHEIST INTERWEBS TO ASK RATIONAL PEOPLE!"

So here I am with a few questions:

1. What turns you on about this girl?
  2. What turns you off about this girl?
  3. Why is this girl considered beautiful?
  4. Is this girl beautiful?
  5. Does the notion of her breasts being covered make you more attracted because you know she is naked in the (NSFW) *Not Safe For Work*unaltered picture(NSFW)
  6. Did you click on the NSFW picture? Why or why not? 
  7. Be honest if you clicked on it or not! 

I will be at work most of the day but I will be able to read most of your responses on my phone. 

Tags: beauty

Views: 8330

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bear in mind that there's alot of slack that;s not reflected in the Body Mass Index. Supposedly, at 6'2" and 245 lbs, I am overweight, bordering on obese. In reality, I have pretty dense muscle & bone structure, and the bulk of my weight is in my shoulders, not my (nonexistent) beer belly. I wouldn't mind slimming down a little, but I'm hardly fat. 

The BMI is useful for the average person, but there are outliers that make it much less useful. Famously, many U.S. Olympic athletes were shown to be considered obese by the the BMI one year not long ago.  I don't think it invalidates the BMI, but it is a reminder that not everyone can be lumped into the average.

At one time I weighed 220 lb and a BMI told me that at my 5'10" I should weigh about 165-170. My doctor looked at the number and at me and said "I don't believe you can lose 50 lb." Then he used another test involving pinching my soft tissues and by that standard calculated I should be at 200, which is where I am now.

It is well established that being overweight is unhealthy.  This doesn't mean that there is only one body type and a narrow weight range that is considered healthy.  So, while I detest such narrow standards of beauty, I equally detest the "fat pride" movement that seems to encourage people to at peace with their weight problem. While I don't view obese people as simply being weak willed as some do, I do think that if one is over weight that it should concern them.  If all the studies and medical information isn't convincing, then think about how many elderly people you know who are obese.  I have never known any.

Why am I almost the only guy that responded that even mentioned this?

Perhaps you're almost the only one that doesn't find her attractive or is somehow offended by her appearance.

Regardless of the special effects, what we all prefer, in reality, may be completely different than this photo portrays, and most of our significant others likely do not look like this.  

1. What turns you on about this wine?
  2. What turns you off about this wine?
  3. Why is this wine considered pleasurable?
  4. Is this wine pleasurable?

Do these questions or responses say anything about whether we enjoy white wine or margaritas? 

looks good to me. would appear to be a pretty girl. prolly doesn't need all the makeup she has on.

For reasons most likely subliminal, I like wide-set eyes, so that, and the slight slant, make her eyes her most attractive feature.

I love women's breasts, but her's are not natural, and, well - been there, done that and left her the T-shirt., 'cause I felt she needed it more than I did. When it comes to sex, I'm not sure atheists are any more rational than anyone else.

pax vobiscum,
archaeopteryx
www.in-His-own-image.com

I think that she's beautiful but the picture is too touched up. Her skin appears to be unnatural. The Eyebrows are too sculpted to be real. The duckface upper-lip doesn't look right. Maybe in person it wouldn't be noticeable. I'd prefer to see the wholly untouched photo myself. 

In general, beauty relates to health and attainability for most of us. If a person has a serious problem with this woman's looks, I would wonder if it was due to her being "unnatural" in appearance in many small ways. I personally don't seem to go for perfect. I don't know if it's attainability or stereo-typed pain in the ass factor.

I didn't click the unaltered version because I'm seeing enough and have seen enough to make an accurate rendering in my head. :D

Looks a lot like my mother!

That's what she sa-... um...can I have your mom's number?

You can't change someone's taste with argumentation. Arguments won't change what someone finds attractive any more than an argument can make someone who doesn't like the taste of peas suddenly change their mind about the taste of peas.

1-Tattoed eyebrows 2- Enhanced eye colour 3- Botox upper lip (naturally thin upper lip) 4- Real skin colour notice her hand 5- Water breast Implants 6- No waist line but toned body 7- Height 5'0-5'4 or shorter at the upper body 8- Natural uneven skin colour enhanced by photoshop 9- Thight photoshopped10- Photoshopped face to look symetric and highlight cheek bones, also fake hair line.

Average girl, enhanced by surgery, photoshop, make up, lightning and pose. Works out a lot but not femenine  body shape.

RSS

Forum

The Shinto Flower among the Weeds of Religion

Started by Cato Rigas in Advice. Last reply by Belle Rose 5 hours ago. 3 Replies

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 16 hours ago. 15 Replies

"I'm Christian and I vote."

Started by Ed in Small Talk. Last reply by James Cox 16 hours ago. 40 Replies

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 1 Comment

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service