I dont know if this has been covered already....

I have a two year old. My husband and I curse openly in front of him. We never curse *at* him, but the usual "where the hell is my phone, damn it??" Is common. Everyone I know has the impression that *only* piece of shit parents curse in front of their kids and the children should be taken away from such homes..

*rolls eyes*

I don't care if people choose not to curse. I just can't stand those who act like they are "too good" and too self righteous to, and that those who do curse are bad people.

I realize kids repeat what they hear. As my son gets older, we will teach him that those words are only for OUR home. Not at school. Not around other family. Only home.

Does anyone else curse openly in front of your kids??

Views: 797

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll never forget approaching a room where my mother and older brother were talking.  I must have been 14 years old, and he, 16.  Evidently she was giving him some sexual behaviour advice but the first clear words I head were his, saying, "Well, it's not the face you fuck".  I thought, oh shit, he's in trouble now.  And I heard her shocked voice say, "Denis!". 

Then she said, "Don't you mean you don't look at the mantlepiece while you poke the fire?"

Classic moment, managed superbly :)

HA !

Curse words are only words.  Most people use them to illustrate a point, out of habit, or just because they are part of the common vernacular.  It is easy to teach kids they should not say them in front of certain people.  I mean most children can figure out that you can't curse at teachers or most adults for that matter, or especially at older adults, like your parents for example.  My daughter has heard cursing all her life and she is now 14 and I let her curse in front of me, but not at me.   She can say "That is f'ing stupid" but she can't say "F*** you" to me.  Does that make sense?  I hope I helped.  :)

RSS

Blog Posts

What do you do with the anger?

Posted by dataguy on September 20, 2014 at 5:12pm 6 Comments

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 6 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service