Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm wondering where this is from, most adults in the state of PA do not qualify for Medicaid unless they are pregnant or terminally ill.  A wage of 30K for example woud most certainly be excluded from adult coverage.  There is also an extremely long waiting list for adult basic coverage, I know socialized healhcare is on the table but it isn't here yet.  My children are on subsidized insurance, basically Medicaid works with my employer's insurance and pays the premium only.  I pay deductibles and copays for visits and medication, I also pay the premium for myself and my husband which costs us nearly 300/month.  We do not qualify for food stamps.  Last year we made 30K together, we pay so this chart would be innacurate for us.   Part of the problem in my eyes is insurance, to cover my family it would cost me 500 a month and that's with a 2K deductible.  Kinda outrageous so yes we got help, but it's silly to me to think that making 60K a year is the same as making 30K.  My folks make 60K a year and take vacations, and go out to eat weekly! I can't afford those luxuries.

Why are childcare costs so much lower for the person making $3,625? Because that person is staying home 3 weeks out out 4? But then that person is working as a full time mother for 3 weeks, which is certainly work. I'd rather have the "high-stress" job. (And who says minimum-wage jobs are not high stress. The most stressful jobs I ever had were the lowest paying.)

understand the basics of labor as mental labor is always paid more than physical labor and in physical labor skilled labor is paid more than non-skilled labor so you might think u work harder but there are more in the pool that can and will do the same job as you....

the above comment was for malcolm sorry for the wrong link

But you did link to my comment. Or do you mean that your reply was NOT intended to link to my comment? That would make more sense, since I don't see how what you said has anything to do my either of my points.

You have made your copypasta as annoying as possible by making up strange facts like "foodstamps cause obesity" and "fish live in trees". Your expanding steamer trunk of made up facts is boring.

foodstamps and obesity......this study puts it as nicely as one could.....

read and try to understand....

http://www.ers.usda.gov/publications/eib34/eib34.pdf

more stuff for u to read on this topic

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/136/4/1081.full

i figured u would conclude that.....and that is why michelle obama wants to change the school lunch program and the fsp.....school lunch program she has already won a little battle against......but we still have a long way to go to reform this system....

you forgot this statement

Two reviewed studies found that long-term participation in the Food Stamp Program may have a larger impact on BMI and obesity for women (Gibson, 2003; Baum, 2007)

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 0 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 3 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service