Well, what do you think? And why hasn't been done again in almost 40 years?

Tags: moon landing, true or false

Views: 45

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mythbusters does a nice job getting to the bottom of this. http://bit.ly/XDUWQ
Lol, great minds think alike and all that. I was just about to search Google for a link to the episode when I got a notification of your post. Thanks for saving me the search! :)
I had just watched this vid a couple of days ago! How timely.
LOL
And that A-hole deserved the punch. I love Buzz!

99% of the time I abhor violence and say it's not the answer.

This falls under the other 1%. ;)

Yes we did land on the moon and we haven't been back because no one with a space program is making that a priority mainly for financial reasons. Moon landing deniers are no different than any other conspiracy theorist.... wackos.
From what we currently know of the moon it has plenty of value to offer. The biggest thing travel to the moon offers is practice/a testing ground for technology that would allow us to gather resources from and explore space to gain more knowledge. We could build our first off world outpost on the moon and fully explore the resources the moon has to offer us and ways to efficiently and effectively get them back to Earth... we can also use it as a jumping off point for mining asteroids or even for a trip to Mars. If we ever want to get off this rock we call home and see if space travel is something our species can achieve we have to start somewhere not sit around twiddling our thumbs and making up excuses for why it isn't worth it.

So where do you stand? It has or it hasn't any value? :)

I found some interesting numbers. I don't know how accurate they really are, so correct me if I'm wrong.

To date, $815 billion dollars has been allocated for the war in Iraq since 2003.

To date, $445.1 billion dollars has been allocated for the war in Afghanistan since 2001.

Source.

The financial cost of the war has been more than £4.55 billion ($9 billion) to the UK, and over $845 billion to the U.S., with the total cost to the U.S. economy estimated at $3 trillion. (Source)

Those are a lot of money.

Becca and Daniel already pointed out why should we keep focusing on space exploration and space travelling. But instead we keep killing each other.

The moon isn't a hurdle to jump then move on. Bad analogy in my opinion. The 'been there done that attitude' of many people is what has contributed to our lack of continued visits to the moon. We still have tons to learn about the moon and to learn from the moon.
I think you replied to the wrong person.

RSS

Forum

The Doctor and the Farmer

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer in Religion and the Religious, Atheism and Atheists. Last reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer 2 hours ago. 11 Replies

FROM THE WORD OF GOD IN THE OLD TESTAMENT

Started by Stephen Gunn in Small Talk. Last reply by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp 3 hours ago. 12 Replies

It happened

Started by Belle Rose in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by Emperor Milos 7 hours ago. 77 Replies

Lobby

Started by Glen L in Small Talk. Last reply by captain kingsway 11 hours ago. 8 Replies

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 19 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service