Well, what do you think? And why hasn't been done again in almost 40 years?

Tags: moon landing, true or false

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We know that men have landed on the moon because the French have brought cheese back from space.
Oh brother.....  Every nation on Earth with the technology to do so was tracking that thing ALL THE WAY to the moon AND BACK.  Jeez... *facepalm*

Of course we did!

If nothing else, the Lunar Retroreflector arrays are clear proof of that. These are used on a daily basis by dozens of observatories around the world.

Are they all in on the conspiracy too?

About your second question - what would be the point? The first time they landed, Americans needed to show that they were more advanced then the Soviets, especially after the Sputnik and Gagarin. After that, there really wasn't anything that a man could do on the moon that a robot couldn't do better, and it would also cost less to get a robot there, and you didn't have to worry about a robots life so much.

Yes they did. ALL evidence points to that fact. Thousands upon thousands of people contributed to the science behind it, the finance behind it, and the organisation behind it. It happened.

It hasn't been done again because there's nothing else to discover...we know everything there is to know about the moon. A useful mission then, but we've come a long way now. Especially in this financial time, how can an administration justify the enormous costs to go to the moon, just for the sake of it?

There are bigger issues to talk about really. This is obvious really.

I had a dear friend who went to the moon,   and she died.
Honestly! Where do all these crazy conspiracy nuts come from? And why do they flock to atheist sites?! OF COURSE we landed a man on the moon!! I think this argument has been responded to so many times that this falls into one of those categories of "pointless arguements that won't convince the conspiracy believers no matter what!" So I'm not going to answer this argument. Look it up! *Headdesk!*
I believe one of the Apollo missions left a reflector on the moon that the US has been using to measure with precise accuracy the distance from earth to moon…using lasers. Been using it for decades.

Michel,

You have some serious talent!

@E.Nigma, did you start this thread to draw out the tin foil hats? I'm reshaping mine now!

:)

I'm really amused how cuckoo some people can get from a simple question. I haven't actually got the chance to say anything about this, and they already seem to want to slap me or bang my head against some desk. :)

Some people seem to forget that this site is based on refuting crazy ideas, and that without those ideas this site wouldn't even exist, and, most important, that without talking about even the craziest ideas, those ideas will never go away. I'm really disappointed that some of you make such a big deal out of this, when I simply wanted a few opinions, opinions from people who I am beginning to trust that they know what they're talking about, and that are more experienced in some domains.

If my question is so stupid, then this site would have to be even stupider, after all, most of us are certain there is no god, but we keep talking about it. Geez...

I want to thank those that, even if they think this is a stupid topic or question, have either decided to give a decent answer or to not give one at all. To the rest, shame on you.

Your point is well taken. This site exists for the refutation of crazy ideas, and without talking about them we are left with little to discuss. I hope you didn't mind my slightly flippant remarks on this thread. I felt I was following the spirit of your intent.

I am a little surprised by folks' strident defense of the moon landing as there has never been a serious question of its reality. But really, can you blame people? Reason itself is under pretty serious attack these days! :)

RSS

Blog Posts

What do you do with the anger?

Posted by dataguy on September 20, 2014 at 5:12pm 3 Comments

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 5 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service