I definitely do NOT believe in a god.

I was wondering what would happen to us after death..

Has anyone on T | A ever died? Literally died and come back to life..?

I was just wondering if you could describe the feeling of being dead >.<  Because if its dark and quiet and peaceful..I wont mind (:

Yes I know I won't be having any thoughts therefore I wouldn't be living but just curious about the end is all. 

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It won't be dark. It won't be quiet. It won't be peaceful. And you won't be dead. Death is a hard concept to grasp and evidence for that is in our very language we use to describe death. We speak about being dead, as if we will enter another state of being. I wouldn't worry about experiencing something you can never experience, for "being dead" excludes being.
I would completely agree with this.
Well put.
One word that says it all: NOTHINGNESS
Right. Its just hard to fathom something that is an experience we cannot have. I was just wondering if anyone has died before and being brought back could tell me what it was like (: it would be very very interesting but again like you said..You can't experience whats not possible to experience.
Like Amy posits below.

In fact, one of my favorite quotes is "I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it". Mark Twain, folks.
What a good quote..I'll use this (: thanks.
Maybe it will be just like it was before I was conceived.
I don't think it's after death that matters, but what you experience while dying that you should be concerned about, if you're to worry about anything at all. Once you're gone, you're gone-- you no longer are. But in the period between alive and dead, there is usually 'dying' (except in instant death, I'd imagine the only thing you'd experience is the last thing you see), and that's the only concern I have-- whether THAT will be quiet and a gradual darkness, or instant, or whatever.
Sure, dying I am concerned about. Death, not so much.
I think what happens to you is the samething what happends to spider when it gets stepped on.... nothing
Says the guy who isn't the spider! ;-)
Exactly what I was going to say. It's not like sleeping; it's just nothing. "Ten, nine, eigh... *blink*, *blink*... hmm... what happened?". At least, that's how it was for me. That's how I see it, except that, from this one, we don't ever wake up.

Also, I'd say we don't need anesthesia, because we were dead for a really long time before we were born. It's just like that.

RSS

Blog Posts

The Void of Silence

Posted by Carol Foley on July 31, 2014 at 11:02pm 0 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service