Does anyone else find it frustrating dating in the south? A few weeks ago a friend of mine set me up on a blind date/meeting with a friend of hers and it went great! She was awesome, we had a lot in common and we both had told our friend that we really wanted to see each other again. She even sent me something saying she wanted to hang out again, that is until she saw that was an atheist... After that she refused to go out with me again even though we both had a really great time together because of the simple face that I didn't believe in magic. I knew that she was very religious which I'm really not a big fan of but I would have tried to keep my religious beliefs out of it, I just don't understand why the religious can't do the same. I had given up on serious relationships until I move north or to Europe after college anyway but its still a little disheartening. Anyone else deal with this crap?

Views: 415

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry to hear about your son. Hope y'all haven't had to endure any idiotic comments from the fundies about his accident being god's will and that sort of shit.Tragedy has a way of bringing out the really cruel streak in the pious.

I was very lucky and found an -on the verge of Atheist- Christian girl and kinds broke it to her...she cried overwhelmed a little bit but now she is much better off.

I go to a Christian highschool sooo many Christians everyyywhere unless some haven't told anyone like me but yea I guess not too much dating will come about

RSS

Discussion Forum

Witness Protection

Started by jen o. Last reply by 6ball Jul 9. 30 Replies

Dating a christian in the south...

Started by Jake Fanning. Last reply by Presley Jun 10. 31 Replies

A film with you guys in mind

Started by Dan Ashton Lloyd Jan 18, 2013. 0 Replies

Atheist Paradise

Started by Linda Turnipseed. Last reply by Unseen Dec 31, 2012. 30 Replies

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 11 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service