What is your opinion of Cryptidzoology. 
Not just Bigfoot and Nessie but the whole "Science" in general
Remember that some animals thought to be Cryptids have been found to exist such as Coelacanth
Is it a viable area to research? 
What Cryptids do you think exist?
What do you think about the people who report these sightings? Crazy, attention seekers, mistaken ID etc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coelacanth
I know I quoted wiki and I apologize 

Views: 691

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Those guys are cool.

eh heh heh heh.

Cryptozoology is a pseudoscience involving the search foranimals whose existence has not been proven. This includes looking for living examples of animals that are considered extinct, such as dinosaurs; animals whose existence lacks physical evidence but which appear in myths, legends, or are reported, such as Bigfoot and Chupacabra;[1] and wild animals dramatically outside their normal geographic ranges, such as phantom cats (also known as Alien Big Cats).
The animals cryptozoologists study are often referred to as cryptids, a term coined by John Wall in 1983.[2]Cryptozoology is not a recognized branch of zoology or a discipline of science.[1] It is an example of pseudoscience because it relies heavily upon anecdotal evidence, stories and alleged sightings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptozoology

Thank you. What I was saying.

It is an example of pseudoscience because it relies heavily upon anecdotal evidence, stories and alleged sightings.

And because most of the supposed so-called cryptozoologists are wack jobs.

To me, cryptologists are o zoologists as astrologers are to astronomers. They belong as characters on X-Files episodes. In fact, I'm sure there were several cryptozoological episodes.

Actually, cryptologists are to zoologists as mathematicians are to veterinarians.  

Sometimes people get 'crazy sounding', just right!

Are there any examples of legendary cryptozoids who have actually turned out to exist? Most (perhaps ALL)  of the new species or species like the coelacanth which we thought were extinct were discovered either by accident or by standard scientists. NOT by avowed cryptozoologists. 

The first possible exception that came to mind was the giant squid, but then I realized we actually knew it existed from dead ones washing up ashore. We simply had never seen a living one in its own environment, but that changed recently, along with the discovery of an even larger species of squid that is bulkier than the giant squid. It may be a bit longer, but that hasn't been clearly established as far as I can tell, but it certainly is bigger in girth.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service