I came across this bible quote inscribed gun sight article http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/us-military-weapons-inscribed-secret-...  and then happened onto the top ten Youtube videos of 2010 here http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/13/top-youtube-videos-2010_n_... I was just getting over the shock of the military killing Muslims ,or anyone for that matter,  with jusuz guns and still trying to wrap my mind around it. I was wondering the usual , how do people become so deluded and stay that way etc etc . Then I wandered onto the YT top ten.  It really is no mistery how so many people accept such foolishness as talking snakes and flying horses as credible narration in the story of the creation. It is tragic when there is so much right there on YT that really could tell them something about the creation , what we know and how we know it.  I suppose this is more a comment on my part rather than a discussion I do hope I posted in the right place. 

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What I love is when Christians say they 'know' their prayers have been answered.

Then I ask them ... well ... has their ever been a time you prayed and it wasn't answered?

Christians:  "Well yes ... but the prayer can be answered in 3 ways:  God says yes, God says no, God says not yet."

Me:  "Sigh..."

Talk about unfalsifiability.

Well I am so far down the road from the theist mentality I can't really even understand how they let themselves become so deluded. I know indoctrination and fear of losing their group ,family etc has a lot to do with it . But think the part of the reason people can be so taken is by things as I meant to show by the YT top ten is we don't really value any kind of intellectually stimulating content. I am no towering intellect but find the more I learn the more I want to read or watch things that make me think. It's really easy to say god done it and shut down the critical thinking process.  How is it possible not to see the contradiction of gun sights with bible verse on them?

Denis, are you refferring to all theists? or just fundamentalists?

Of course that was a broad statement and I am biased. I think it takes a bit of mental acrobatics to believe the myths once a person gets a bit of education especially in natural sciences. So from this perspective, theists. I know many moderates that would think stamping bible verses on gun sights used by the military is a fine idea

RSS

Blog Posts

My Dad and the Communist Spies

Posted by Brad Snowder on August 20, 2014 at 2:39pm 2 Comments

Breaking Free

Posted by A. T. Heist on August 20, 2014 at 9:56am 5 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service