News stories like this just make me facepalm myself so hard over the things that some Christians do that I nearly give myself a concussion.

Obama Health Care Lawsuit Rejected By U.S. District Judge Gladys Ke...

"A federal judge on Tuesday threw out a lawsuit claiming that President Barack Obama's requirement that all Americans have health insurance violates the religious freedom of those who rely on God to protect them. [...]"

"[...]Three of the plaintiffs – Margaret Peggy Lee Mead of Hillsborough, N.C., Charles Edward Lee of San Antonio and Susan Seven-Sky of West Harrison, N.Y. – are Christians who said they want to refuse all medical services for the rest of their lives because they believe God will heal their afflictions. They say being forced to buy insurance would conflict with their faith because they believe doing so would indicate they need "a backup plan and (are) not really sure whether God will, in fact, provide," the lawsuit said. [...]"

What gets me is that these people truly believe that god will perform some extraordinary miracle to save them should they get sick or injured. Like they will get into a car crash and some angel will come down from heaven and sprinkle angle dust on them and they'll magically be healed. It never occurs to them that maybe doctors are god's way of healing them.

When I was Christian I believed that god would work THROUGH the system he/she set up. I mean, it makes no sense to create a system and then circumvent it completely to get something done. I don't know. Maybe I was never a real Christian because some of the stuff these people do and believe in just blows my mind.

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This one is just epic!
If it was a culture in which these people (adults only) could simply be blacklisted from receiving medical care as a consequence of their decision, I'd be all for it.

Thinning the herd.

Kind of like the people who 'God" their way our of a death penalty when they kill someone, sadly that one actually works.
Does the Health Insurance cover them for psychiatric care ??
That's special, but what about the rest of us?

RSS

Atheist Sites

Blog Posts

In Avoidance of Anger

Posted by Pope Beanie on November 27, 2014 at 4:59pm 0 Comments

The plane that never crashed

Posted by Brazillian atheist on November 27, 2014 at 12:17pm 1 Comment

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service