I have been noticing that some Christians if not all sometimes act like children. When in a heated debate they will use sarcasm or they will accuse you of doing or not doing something. Here are a few examples from a debate I am currently having with once again Larry. This time it's about there being a face on the moon:

I am not the only one seeing the face, this is told about as far back as a person can go. All the childrens books from days gone by tell of the face on the moon. Yes  there most certainly is a face on the moon. I hope every thing is going well for you. Larry

You can look tonight and try real hard not to see it. I am not confused, I see the face everytime cause its always facing earth every full moon. But if you try real hard you can refuse to see it. Many people refuse to see anything they don't want to reject. So I'll give you a warning, Please don't look at the moon it could be not so good for you. Larry.

p.s. please don't look when its out.

I believe what I see with my eyes more so then off what is on the laptop. You do have a good imagination to think I am so weak minded, But hey what ever floats your boat. I do wish you knew me better. You assume I believe everything I read when that is what you are doing. Try a little research on your own .  Larry

p.s. If you do look at the moon, make it very quick, cause you might see it, and that would destroy everything.

Wow I'm so glad your are coming from a view of education.  I would like to see the documentation on the Hallucinating Desert Dwellers,  That sure ain't silly.   Please send me the statistics of the actual strength of the moons magnetizm.   Larry

As you can see he acts like a child when told there is no face on the moon. And here is one more only this is when I say there is no evidence that god does or doesn't exist. Of course saying that might be a no no:

Just because you refuse to look does not mean there is no proof,   You have to look.  Just be honest and say you don't want God.   Peace to you! Larry.

What do yinz think of this and what more can I say to him?

Views: 1211

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Redlilly

The phenomenon your friend is describing is called "Pareidolia" and is a well documented human trait.  I suggest you refer your "friend" to the wiki entry on this subject (because it is nice and simple and he/she should be able to grasp it)

However, on the whimsical front, what would an alleged face in the moon have to do with christianity?  If there were such a moon face, it might be more logically considered to be evidence of a Lunar god or goddess, since none of the religious texts for the Abrahamic religions mention the moon as anything except a light in the sky (which it isn't of course as it simply reflects the sun's light).

Ask him to quote the biblical passage - but then again, it might be more fun to insist that the moon is made of cream cheese.

That should do it, just don't try to convince him there's no face on Mars --

Of course there's a fucking face on Mars, Arch. Whats the matter with you? Sheesh!

I don't think Larry is acting like a child. 

No, I think children tend to act better than Larry

To be honest, I think it's you who's acting like a child.  Sorry.  To me, there's a big old face on the moon.  I don't see the big deal. 

Would it be Jesus's face by any chance, Simon?

He looks more like Oliver Hardy. 

I think what you are saying is that the moon's 'face" which is constructed by envisioning the various craters and bumps as facial features, could be viewed as a human face.  What Redlilly's facebook pal is trying to say is that there is a deliberate arrangement of a face on the moon because god put it there, and it holds significance because of that.

Is that what you are affirming, Simon?  That there is a divine force that placed craters on the moon to 'watch' us here on Earth?  Or are you just saying the dark blobs could be construed to have facial features?

I see you're back - no, wait, that's your front! Hope you had a safe trip.

I did, it was knackering but extremely fruitful :)

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service