This is an authentic 4th grade "science" quiz from a Christian school in South Carolina, which I'm pleased to report has been closed due to lack of funding. It's been posted on TA I think.

When I see 9-year-olds systematically having their minds destroyed with religious brainwashing, I'm reminded Arthur C. Clark's statement: "Religion is the most malevolent of all mind viruses." 

The "teacher" who slapped the insidious Smiley sticker onto this travesty is creepiest thing of all.

Tags: 4th, Christian, grade, quiz, school, science

Views: 514

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This looks nearly identical to my quizzes from 4th grade. I spent 4th grade through 12th grade in the A Beka Homeschool Curriculum issued by Pensacola Christian Academy (directed by Pensacola Christian College in Pensacola, Florida).

Pretty sure I've heard of A Becka. Is that anything like the ACE curriculum that's always being called out on the Leaving Fundamentalism blog?

It's really hard to believe that this is considered education.

This is utterly and completely scary. I mean, I'm all for freedom for everyone and I want everyone to live in peace (the inner hippie is coming out, sorry guys!), but not like this. No. You can't brainwash kids this early into thinking in a particular way. I think that nobody should choose religion, agnosticism, atheism, what have you, until they are at a logical age. I think everyone should be given the options since they're little, and be taught a little bit of EVERYTHING and THEN they can choose something.

I consider this a form of child abuse.

It probably should be considered one.

You're not alone. 

Lol, murka.

Its so obvious people, the earth is 6,000 years old, and has been for hundreds of years. The earth hit age 6,000 then stopped aging somehow

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service