I kept thinking how to make a title that stood out, hence I did the dots.

Hey I'm Israel

I'm somewhat new. Actually, I'm re-introducing myself. I haven't posted much in 2 years and I'm back. 

Things I like:

God, philosophy, family and friends, video games, internetz, and basketball.

I'm more on the introverted side and I'm here for social reasons.

Tthanks for reading. =]

Views: 1043

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Israel and welcome back. I remember commenting 2 years ago on one of your posts.  You mentioned that you “loved Jesus”. I was wondering if the intensity of this love had changed in any way. Has that been the reason for your return? Do you still believe your God created the Universe? Do you pray to your God each day?

Hey Reg

I'd say the love has increased some. I returned because I got an e-mail from thinkathiest.com, an anouncement in one of the rare times I check my yahoo mail.

I still believe God created the Universe and I'd say I pray almost everyday.

I still believe God created the Universe and I'd say I pray almost everyday

I find it interesting Israel that you believe that you are able to communicate with the Creator of the Universe. Is your prayer a two way conversation with your God when you pray? I mean can you hear His voice or does it take a different format that I am unaware of? I am curious to learn how it works if you have the time to explain it to me.

Well, throughout my life I had miracles happen to me so I consider those responses. How does it work? I speak or think what I want to tell God. That's pretty much it.

I speak or think what I want to tell God. That's pretty much it.

It’s that easy? You are telling me Israel that you are able to communicate telepathically with the Creator of the Universe? Somehow your God changes His plan for you when you send your thoughts to Him? He actually changes the physical laws of the Universe to make things happen for you? I mean that is what a miracle is.

Could you tell me Israel the top 3 most significant miracles He has done for you in the past so I can better understand? Even just the most miraculous one if you are stuck for time. Thanks in advance.

Apparently, it is that easy.

1. Vision

2. In church, I asked for company and a stranger sat next to me.

3. Ditto the above... the two times I ever asked for company, someone sat next time.

Hey, Reg, can do me a favor? I sort of need some money at the moment. Mind sending me some to my PO box?

So the 3 miracles:

1. Vision - can you be a little more specific and descriptive? Eye sight? Profound insight? What do you mean? Tell me so I can "see" too.

2. In church, it is a room where people generally sit in random places. How is that a miracle that confirms that your god is the ONE and only true god, or that he even exists? How is that a miracle?

3. Where is the miracle? Can you tell me why you chose to believe in your god? Or did your parents teach you? How do you know he is real?

1. I asked for a vision. I saw a circle with a polygon like shape on my room's ceiling. It looked like it was formed by light and the color of the light was dark green.

2. People don't sit next to random people UNLESS they have to... In my situation, there was plenty of seats all around me. Anyone with basic "social manners" don't sit next to random people. Next, this wasn't about miracles that confirm God's existence. The asker, asked me to state 3 miracles. The idea that God himself answered makes it a miracle.

3. My belief in God came as an epiphany. I think I was "wooed" into believing in God. You can think of my conversion in two contexts. The first would be social... I read about the morals of God and liked God since they expressed who God is. Like, if I said, I hate lying... that moral expression says a good thing about me. The second context would relate to evidence. I asked God for evidence, a vision. I got one.

Can you show me some form of evidence that god exists? Anything at all.

1. I asked for a vision. I saw a circle with a polygon like shape on my room's ceiling. It looked like it was formed by light and the color of the light was dark green.

That could have been a billion other things than one particular god that you were looking for. That is called confirmation bias. You were expecting a specific god, and the first strange thing you saw you immediately associated with that god. That is not evidence.

2. People don't sit next to random people UNLESS they have to...

That's not true. People sit wherever they chose to sit. Maybe where you were happened to be the spot this person likes to sit in the most in a church.

Anyone with basic "social manners" don't sit next to random people.

Again untrue. People sit wherever they chose to sit, and in a church environment where everyone should be "loving and welcoming," basic social manners tend to get thrown out the window for many.

For example, I have gone to church with my wife in the past, and on many occasions random people would sit near us, or even walk up and introduce themselves, even though I never asked for their company. No god needed, just people being people.

Next, this wasn't about miracles that confirm God's existence.

None of the things listed thus far confirm the existence of anything, let alone a particular god.

The asker, asked me to state 3 miracles.

Reg The Fronkey Asker, I like the sound of that. The Emperor approves.

The idea that God himself answered makes it a miracle.

You see, here's the thing... You associated completely random, ordinary events with the one particular god that you were wanting to hear from. That is once again confirmation bias. How do you know that you weren't receiving messages from Satan, or Zeus, Apollo, or Ahura Mazda? Coincidence does not equal evidence, my friend.

Hello Israel.

What's on your mind these days regarding atheism? You mentioned that you like philosophy. How does your interest in philosophy square with the teachings of your Xtian faith? Do you consider the Bible philosophical in nature and a reference work not to be taken literally?

Peace. 

Hey

When I think about athiesm, I tend to think more about concepts related to athiesm like morality, evolution, and the athiest culture.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service