Chinese physicists measure speed of Einstein’s ‘spooky action at a distance’: At least 10,000 times faster than light

Chinese physicists measure speed of Einstein’s ‘spooky action at a distance’: At least 10,000 times faster than light

Views: 403

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This HAS to be animation, right?

In fact it's flawed. Look right in the center, and you see something like a dust cloud presented to us closer than a star that it transits. However, when the cloud transits "over" the star, the graphic we're shown is like the cloud is behind the star.

But it's still a cool animation. :)

Sorry. I was wrong. Celestia DOES have this capability.

One of the nebula, with a slite 3d rotation it seems. Without looking at a collection of nebula pictures maybe 'Horse head'?

It CAN'T be a photographic gif. I don't think programs like Celestia has that much detail. Maybe just a drawing??

I think it may have been modeled in a 3D program, and the texture is placed on the object, with transparency settings and light diffuse settings, so the stars do not get darkened by shadow in the render, except for dark objects that is not open space which is set to be transparent.

More on this image:

Sorry, should really have chased this stuff up BEFORE posting.

Nah - it has made for some good discussion, :D

I thought I should clear up a common misperception, one that even the cited article does not try to clear up. "Spooky action at a distance" does not make instantaneous communications between distant parties possible.

Continuing with the Alice, Bob, Charlie scenario, where Alice and Bob are widely separated in distance but can learn what data each other learns, all in the same instant...

The problem is, Charlie can't control, and in fact doesn't even know what data he's sending to Alice and Bob. The data is random! All that's happening (in the experiment) is that both Alice and Bob are able to learn what data each other are receiving at a specific instant in time, which is no more magical than if Charlie were sending morse code to each to them, which has nothing whatsoever to do with the process of so-called "entanglement".

Another way to understand this is that neither Alice nor Bob can control what each other receives.  All they can do is know after the fact what the other party has received. What each of them receives is nothing more than a bit of random data, not controlled data.

I think it's important to say that Chinese physicists "claim" to have done this measurement. Let's wait to see it repeated a few times before declaring it a fact. At this point it's the apparent result of a test.

© 2015   Created by umar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service