I just wanted to say how great it that I've finally found a place where I can freely discuss atheism without reprisal and ignorance! 

I'm from Ireland which many of you may know is an extremely catholic country. All of my family, of which I'm the youngest, are religious (my aunt is a nun). I was always made to go to mass when I was younger and even though I stopped believing in god when I was in my early teens I continued to go to keep the peace in the house. I eventually got sick of listening to the hypocrisy in the church and refused to go a few years ago but until now haven't been fortunate enough to come across this site!

Only been a member briefly but so far it seems insightful and smart! Its great to see people actually forming their own opinions and thinking critically!

Anyway good to be here and hope to get to know some of you and have some decent conversations!! 

Sean! 

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice to hear from you Sean, fellow Celt here from Scotland but living in England now.  Welcome to Think Atheist.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Things you hate.

Started by Devlin Cuite in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 10 minutes ago. 78 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service