Ever have days when you have a certain song that invades your brain that just won't quit? Sometimes it might be the latest download you made from itunes, or some stupid song that gets embedded without your consent!

Share you current musical obsession... What are you listening to these days?

Views: 225

Replies to This Discussion

Great pick Michel - wasn't this from the start of that great movie of alienation 'Ghost World'? That movie also showcased the music of the mid-1950s super-group 'Patience & Prudence' with 'A Smile and a Ribbon' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzZm5h3RAHI - which I know Sydni will have enjoyed!
Never saw the movie Rod, but I will look it up. I am old enough to remember '48' records, which the song you posted was sold on. There was the 'A' side, which was the main attraction, then the "B' side that on occasion was worth listening to as well. I had a small collection of 48's, since I was just a bit too young to have gotten into the the collecting rage of the time.

Yes I remember 48s! My first 48 was my football club theme song, backed with some other awful/fantastic purpose-written song about football as a B-side, and when I was 7 or 8 I bought 'The Irish Rovers' - and came to regret it. But I was a cool kid, I swear! Yeah, you've got to see 'Ghost World' sometime as Steve Buscemi plays a great eccentric record-collector. It's pretty sad in some ways, as it catalogs a variety of ways one can be alienated, but has some good laughs too - if you see it, make sure you pause to read the credits of Thora Birch's art-teacher's home movie.
Maybe there's something wrong with my computer, but I didn't get any audio with that clip, Rod. I do love Patience and Prudence, though. Such pure innocence and enthusiam that could only have come from another era. Here's another of my faves from the P. Kiddies - "Gonna Get Along Without You Now"!

Ha! Yeah, it's bizarrely inappropriate, but I love it just the same!
I love this one, Michel! I, too, discovered it in the movie "Ghost World" - one of my favorite movies. The song certainly gets stuck in your head, but the dancing is AWESOME, too! The energy and enthusiasm of the dancers is wonderful. I do worry slightly, though, about any brain injuries the girl in gold may have sustained from such lengthy and vigorous head-shaking!
Jean Marie, I also liked the title of that song, Moneys too tight to mention. hahaha... SO true!!! Definitely music to get up and dance to. Fun.
I was never wild about Simply Red, except for this song which probably speaks volumes for my taste - I still like it too! (though the clip is SAPPY) Oh go on, LAUGH at me. Was it a hit over there?

Not typical at all of my taste, but I still get a laugh out of the lyrics of this one from the Style Council, which is more of the style of 'Money's Too Tight', and has the occasional funny line "bend over forwards, this won't hurt you" etc.
LOVE the Simply Red song - great pick, Rod! (But I find his bizarre tooth-jewel extremely distracting in the video. What was he thinking?!?) And the lyrics to Money Go Round are fantastic - just not my style of music really.
Mercedes Sosa - Gracias A La Vida

October 04, 2009
With love and gratitude we say goodbye and salute you, Señora Sosa.
The voice of Latin America, the soul of an entire continent.
Thank you for bringing your light to the world.
Love the way you get so into the music Jean Marie, and thanks for sharing with us how the lyrics can mean so much! I love the feel of that selection too. Now, here's what I think is a genuinely great song - no bad/good overtones here as with some of my other selections. This has got it ALL - a fantastic feel from the very first moment with the legato strings over a mid-tempo groove (just TRY not to get up and dance, or at least move to it!), superb backing harmonies, great/funny romantic lyrics, and the lead singer makes us believe he feels the emotions he's singing about without over-emoting. I remember loving this on the radio as a kid, but re-discovered it on the sountrack of one of my favourite movies 'The Ice Storm'. If you want to criticize this one, please do so in the most diplomatic terms!
We all have songs that 'time-travel' us back to specific times in our lives. I have such vivid memories of music that my late husband always played in his truck when we first met and first getting to know each other. The music he loved, became the music I loved. Before my husband became a computer programmer he was hoping to be able to support himself by playing guitar. He was a fine musician.

RSS

Discussion Forum

Where Do I Post This??? (right here)

Started by Sydni Moser. Last reply by archaeopteryx Aug 22, 2013. 22 Replies

Have any good jokes or funny stories to share?

Started by Sydni Moser. Last reply by Sydni Moser Feb 25, 2011. 12 Replies

Gallery Opening > (wine and cheese served) All Invited!

Started by Sydni Moser. Last reply by Sydni Moser Feb 23, 2011. 16 Replies

Entertaining Videos ONLY!

Started by Sydni Moser. Last reply by Sydni Moser Feb 22, 2011. 24 Replies

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 0 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 3 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service