I just read an article on CBS news which is disgustingly full of deception and lies. 

It is entitled:  "Stephen Hawking bashes religion, but what does new paper say about God?"  Steven Hawking announced that there is no way there could be a creator of the universe.  The article can be found here: 

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-20089423-10391704.html

Also CBS had another deceptive news cast that made a little black boy appear to want to have a gun and be a criminal when he actually said he wanted to be a police officer but they cut that part out. Of course there is the Rupert Murdoch media empire, all of which I no longer view or take seriously.  The Washington Post is reaching the same lows of Fox News. 

What sources can we trust?  I have a few websites I go to for secular and unbiased news.  Does anyone else feel as if we are being filled with lies more and more and deceptive news? 

Tags: CBS, Fox, Media, Murdoch, News, Rupert, bias

Views: 968

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is where I go to get my news: http://english.aljazeera.net/ Also, they have a epic ipad app. It live streams their live broadcast.

Al Jazeera? I thought you were joking...why would you get your news from a blatantly anti-American and anti-west organization?

When I first had a look at Al Jazeera, I went there just to get the "other" side to the story. I was extremely surprised to find that their reporting was far, far, FAR less biased (toward EITHER side) than any News Corp source. Fox New is a world-wide joke.

My guess is that, as a Fox News viewer, you are really not interest at all in a balanced perspective.

I watch all news - including Al-Jazeera when protests are happening and when I want middle east news - so while their TV coverage is pretty fair most of the time - their op-ed pieces are absolutely trash and anti-American and anti-west.

So I watch Foxnews when I want to be entertained - I don't base my views on what I hear on foxnews. I watch CNN just as often as FoxNews and when I want straight up news, I usually watch CNN. From time to time I also like Chris Matthews and I do like the roundtable Morning Scarborough - so again, while FoxNews has opinionated news programs, it is clear when they have opinionated shows. Shepherd Smith is absolutely non-partisan and is strictly news. In addition, FoxNews provides more scientific and space news than CNN and MSNBC and in fact over the last 2-years have had this great reporter stationed consistently with NASA and have been more enthusiastic with science. In addition, their website provides more up-to-date science news than both CNN and MSNBC. Only BBC has better science news and actually, I watch BBC quite often. I have a TV program on my computer in which I watch BBC and Euronews everyday (more BBC).

So please, use your brain instead of being a partisan hack. Some of us can watch news programs from all the different stations and media sources and have our own thoughts and critical thinking skills. It's just Al-Jazeera has truly asinine anti-American and anti-west op-ed pieces consistently on their site - for the most part, I have no problem with their TV coverage and tune to it when needing my middle east fix.

Ok, but you said: ""

Fuck it!!!
I am FUCKING TIRED of this Fucking editor dropping three-quarters of everything I fucking type.

I was always wary of this channel until someone introduced me to it,I watch it quite a lot these days as it is a excellent news channel for story's in the middle east,and like b.b.c it is just news, no sides, just good reporting on what is actually happening,no agenda, just as it happen's,which is what news should be.Well said Morgan.I hope other members take note and maybe have a watch sometime to see how news is presented outside of America,no thrills news.

There will always be biased news. It just seems that major American news networks are more heavily biased than most.

I think people have to differentiate opinionated news programs from actual regular news programs. For example - Shepherd Smith is not biased. Shepherd Smith is in fact less biased than Anderson Cooper and I have a lot of love for A.C. and admire his work he has been doing in Kenya and Somalia with Dr. Sanjay Gupta the last couple of days :)

It's not different at all. The reason Wilder's speech was an issue is because it was held as inciting hatred against a specific group. It wasn't about suppressing his opinions themselves.

Again, the KKK are permitted in their rallies to freely yell the N-word to the black people opposing them in the rallies and it is protected speech. It is not called "inciting hatred" in the United States.

They can still find themselves on the inside of a courtroom (and have in the past).  What matters in the end is whether or not they are convicted and the conviction is upheld. That was the entire point.

They have never been inside of a courtroom for yelling the N-word; the Supreme Court has ruled that as free speech. In fact, you can say a good nice "fuck you" to a police officer and he has no right to arrest you.

Now, if you threaten and say you are going to "kill them" or "hurt them" - that is a threat.

RSS

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 1 Comment

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service